Ukraine warns Russia against 'aggression' in Crimea

• 6 months later...

I have just been listening to a debate on the tv and a lady journalist from the Georgian region(by her looks) put this trouble into perspective for me, by saying. that it is in the interest of Russia to have a non-defined Ukrainian border.If a country has a non-defined border it cannot becomes a member of N.A.T.O. or the European Union.Putin wins, because that is what he has been afraid of all the time.

You do not know Russia, nor the Russian politics.

What president Vladimir V. Putin is afraid of is that the Ukrainian troops wearing Nazi swastika supported and sponsored by the West and Obama are bombarding civilian targets in Donetsk (like hospitals, schools, block of flats, mines, etc) killing ethnic Russians there.

That was Putins excuse for invading Crimea,and the Kremlin backed Russian led terrorists excuse for taking over,illegally and by force,Eastern Ukraine..........what Putin has got is an excuse for carrying on a war that he started.

You do not know Russia, nor the Russian politics.

What president Vladimir V. Putin is afraid of is that the Ukrainian troops wearing Nazi swastika supported and sponsored by the West and Obama are bombarding civilian targets in Donetsk (like hospitals, schools, block of flats, mines, etc) killing ethnic Russians there.

Also of note, the USA bases with their troops positioned in the UK and Germany as well as other European countries are closer targets for Russian ballistic missiles than those situated in the US, provided NATO invaded Ukraine.

It is in the interest of Russia to have a border with the Ukraine, similarly, it is in the interest of the UK to have a well-defined border, say, with France.

If the Russians do not have a definate border with the Ukraine i.e. a disputed border then his fear of N.A.T.O. and the E.U. is eliminated.Yes I do know Russian politics,and why should N.A.T.O. want to invade Ukraine?

Edited by Kidorry

Sad story - you are also mislead by Western propaganda! The Crimea voted for independence at the referendum; they voted against pro-American regime in Kiev.

The same could have happened to Scotland several months ago, if it had voted 'yes' to independence from Britain.

Also, if you call people fighting against fascist Ukrainian troops terrorists (Poroshenko's troops admire Bandera, Hitler, and Bandera is their national hero portrayed on Ukrainian banners!) then, why not to call the British soldiers who fought at the fronts of the WW2 against Nazis 'bloody terrorists' as well?

Do you want to call British soldiers terrorists?

But then how on earth you dare to call former miners and teachers fighting for their freedom on their own territory terrorists?

What a blindness!

I think there is a great deal of your Russian propoganda coming to the fore there.Where do you get your information from about teachers and miners fighting against their own people and as for soldiers fighting the Germans during the W.W.2 I seem to remember your army did exactly the same during W.W.2 so by your reasoning your army are terrorist too.

Sad story - you are also mislead by Western propaganda! The Crimea voted for independence at the referendum; they voted against pro-American regime in Kiev.

The same could have happened to Scotland several months ago, if it had voted 'yes' to independence from Britain.

Also, if you call people fighting against fascist Ukrainian troops terrorists (Poroshenko's troops admire Bandera, Hitler, and Bandera is their national hero portrayed on Ukrainian banners!) then, why not to call the British soldiers who fought at the fronts of the WW2 against Nazis 'bloody terrorists' as well?

Do you want to call British soldiers terrorists?

But then how on earth you dare to call former miners and teachers fighting for their freedom on their own territory terrorists?

What a blindness!

You cannot put a load of troops into a region, hold elections and then expect the world to think that the elections were fair! There are processes to go through if you want to hold a plebiscite to decide a region or countries future, if you do not follow these processes then you end of looking like Germany annexing Austria/Czechoslovakia et al.

There had been no Russian soldiers in the Crimea before the referendum.

Since the Crimea had been an autonomy of the Ukraine, there had been only Ukrainian troops and mil units there.

After the referendum the Ukrainian solders there took the Russian citizenship and became Russian Soldiers by virtue of sharing the same values, religion and language.

Don't you know that?

Last year when I was in Simferopal I saw lots of Russian soldiers and sailors.I think you should look elsewhere for your information than just listening to the guff you get via your local media.Сейчас я буду кушать

Edited by Kidorry

There had been no Russian soldiers in the Crimea before the referendum.

Since the Crimea had been an autonomy of the Ukraine, there had been only Ukrainian troops and mil units there.

After the referendum the Ukrainian solders there took the Russian citizenship and became Russian Soldiers by virtue of sharing the same values, religion and language.

Don't you know that?

So Putin was lying when He acknowledges that Russian troops were in the Crimea before the plebiscite? I assume that even you'll accept RT.com as a reference?

Here's what he said:

“Crimean self-defense forces were of course backed by Russian servicemen, they acted very appropriately, but as I’ve already said decisively and professionally.”

He justifies their presence by saying that it was the only way to ensure the referendum on the region’s status would be carried out peacefully.

Edited by JFKvsNixon

There was a Russian naval base there. Before the referendum according to the Treaty of Friendship and Co-operation – Russia rented one naval base at Sevastopol from the Ukrainian government.

Also of note, Sevastopol and Simferopol are two different cities.

Yes, they are different cities, and he saw Russian military in Simferopol, which means that he didn't see them where they belong, but where they didn't belong :)

The Crimean referendum was a joke.............the Russian terrorist who started the war in Eastern Ukraine by illegally taking over municipal buildings there,by force,has said so himself.