Has Hendersons Relish changed?

Its MOR. basically just sweet vinegared down marmite.

Its watered down rubbish, Sheffielders get all bleary eyed about it but had the slop been made in Leeds it would hardly get a mention round these parts.

I've always thought it was over rated.

Some good responses here. I’m really glad it’s not just me. Sometimes the ‘mob mentality’ of the pro-Hendo’s hooligans can really make me feel like an outsider and question my decisions. But you’re right. Down with Henderson’s ‘slightly spicy water’. Tis Lea v Perrins and even Aldi own brand Worcester Sauce all the way from now on. Also, what it says on the bottle doesn’t look reyt does it?

i.e. ‘Made in Sheffield for over a 100 years’

????

Really pleased to see this thread :) Disgusting stuff, I've always thought so, I can't even stand the smell of it.

Hendos mania is as mind numbing as Tinsley cooling tower syndrome and Arctic Monkey fever, I'd like to embalm Alex Turner and hang him on Tinsley viaduct so the Hendos quaint brigade are able to "know that they are near home" seeing as they have problems with spatial awareness and sign reading.

---------- Post added 15-09-2017 at 15:06 ----------

I drizzled my chips with it tuther week up here in Scotland and thought it wasn't that sparkling. Maybe my tastebuds have changed since I left Sheffield 10 n aif years ago.

I still have Hendos from time to time and enjoy it but you need an egg cup full at least on chips to get any real benefit from it, the makers must be rolling in the aisles at making such a big mark up on what is almost bottled water.

---------- Post added 17-09-2017 at 06:29 ----------

Clever tactic moving it to foodies section though, like everything in "interest" groups it will die an almost instant death, crafty stuff ;)

Edited by mickey finn

The flavour has certainly changed it was a lot tastier some years back.

It has its “ Groupies” but can’t see what all the fuss is about ! :huh:

I love "Hendo's" but I have to agree that the taste is less somehow, I thought that it was just my taste buds, but looking at other posts maybe not :(

with the weather getting worse, its stew and dumpling times, but i have found "Sheffield greatest sauce" 

to be watery and lack the kick it once had? my taste buds or something else 

It's not been the same since the days when you had to put your own hole in the top.  😊