Road closures at Meadowhead for 3 weeks!

Kit!

Isn't rowlinson roundabout the one by norton lane? i.e. closest to where rowlinson school was.

Meadowhead roundabout is the one by gilders (previously jordanthorpe school).

In 'my day' (pre-roundabouts.....), the cross-roads on the A61 was called Norton Cross Roads. There is a large pub with a sign on it: "Norton", as a clue.

However, this is now being called Meadowhead Roundabout, so be it.

But the roundabout to the East can't suddenly become 'Norton', hence I describe it as Rowlinson, sure in the knowledge that all viewers will understand my terminology.

And we had another jolly back-up this afternoon, but that was caused by a northbound closure of the M1, so everyone comes up the A61, etc. We have friends driving up from London on Sunday, I think I will tell them to go into the City and await instructions....

It was chaos this afternoon. I drove east to west from Greenhill across to Bochum Parkway at 4pm. The queues on all approaches to Meadowhead roundabout were long and slow moving, and ... not one workman in sight!!

Plus, it was the busiest I've ever seen it at Norton roundabout (by that I think I mean the one where Norton Lane is!?)

Edited by Oldtrout

For the past few months I've watched a disaster unfolding at Norton Roundabout, Meadowhead.

I've seen cars crashed on top of the roundabout and traffic backed up beyongd the Dronfield By-Pass.

I'm just wondering what they are trying to achieve, because now the curbstones are being put in place it is clear the road is going to be narrower than it was before.

Is this just a scheme to disrupt the traffic as I am certain it will be far worse than before. Half a million quid down the drain. It could have kept open libraries or even Don Valley Stadium rather than bringing further traffic chaos to the disasters between Dronfield and Heeley.

planner1 will be along in about 2.4s to tell us all how its helpful, and how motorists need to realise that bus is best :-)

---------- Post added 26-11-2013 at 12:15 ----------

was stuck for 25mins the other night on the bochum parkway queuing to get down to jordanthorpe. its the cherry on top of the planning disaster cake that was the woodseats scheme. ps dont forget its all done by people who know far more than us plebs and we need to be thankful ;-)

planner1 will be along in about 2.4s to tell us all how its helpful, and how motorists need to realise that bus is best :-)

---------- Post added 26-11-2013 at 12:15 ----------

was stuck for 25mins the other night on the bochum parkway queuing to get down to jordanthorpe. its the cherry on top of the planning disaster cake that was the woodseats scheme. ps dont forget its all done by people who know far more than us plebs and we need to be thankful ;-)

We have resorted to driving up Little Norton Lane and through the housing estate to avoid Meadowhead. It has made Morrison's out of bounds and Bradway nearly impossible to get to.

I suspect it is a ploy to create job vacancies in Sheffield as the population of Dronfield finds it impossible to get into Sheffield any more.