Blades V Notts County Friday 2nd August

Bypassblade

When has playing against 10 men been an easy game for the Blades :hihi::hihi:

We have never played well against 10 men until last night and we looked damn good doing it but like someone said against a poor Notts County side.

New manager with basically 1/2 a new team and the fans all behind the manager it looked and sounded magnificent last night, think I could hear DOT and Uncle Grappler singing from over here :hihi::hihi:

Well I was certainly singing pal, enjoyed the whole game and we played some really good stuff although typical Blades kept us on the edge of our seats for a bit instead of killing them off!

---------- Post added 03-08-2013 at 14:37 ----------

I enjoyed it last night, great way to start the season. Anyone thinking that foul should not have been a red card needs an eye test! Jumping up and lunging forward with studs up into the ribs/chest/arm pit area, only one outcome.

I was pleased with the passing style of play, very effective, and Brandy looks a real handful, it should have been a penalty when he was brought down in their box. Porter missed a sitter, not sure if it is just a confidence thing with him, Taylor looks strong.

Maguire needs to play to the whistle, yes it was a foul on him, but stopping play and looking at the ref is no good, if the ref doesn't blow, keep going, that cost us a goal.

County were a very dirty team, as the stats prove, but there will be worse to come, so unless the ref blows, keep going Blades!

Not many mentions on here so far for Stephen McGinn, but from where I was sat, he looked good, Coady looked very composed for a young lad, McFadzean was his usual lively, fearless self when he came on.

Even Doyle looked good, and I have been a critic of his in recent times.

As for McDonald, what can you say, that was a textbook performance, a class above everyone else on the field, he was kicked to pieces all night (as was Brandy), but he sucked it up and got on with it, it was fitting that the first goal of the new season came from him. I hope that is the first one of many.

Well done Mr. Weir, an interesting formation and a nice style of playing, long may it continue.

"....Weir's Red and White Army...."

Agree with everything you say, could have written it myself!

Well I was certainly singing pal, enjoyed the whole game and we played some really good stuff although typical Blades kept us on the edge of our seats for a bit instead of killing them off!

---------- Post added 03-08-2013 at 14:37 ----------

Agree with everything you say, could have written it myself!

I'll let you write it next week Dot, save me a job :hihi:

The red card was a red card all day long........if it was good enough for one in a World Cup final,and in a Champions league game at Old Trafford,it's good enough for one at the Lane in L1.

Difference between all 3 was the County player played the ball,you're never putting it with the Zadine world cup challenge are you?

---------- Post added 03-08-2013 at 16:37 ----------

Oh boy never read such drivel, before the sending off we'd had 78% of possession, you really have taken hatred & bias to a who new level, if not then you're knowledge of football is zero I can see why you go to Hillsbro'.

You'd had all the possession in the 1st 15 mins,well I guess that makes you deserved winners then:loopy:my knowledge of footy is quite good,just because I don't agree with you doesn't make it drivel,whats the new level you're on about,I only say what I saw and if it upsets you ignore it don't make it personal.

Anyone that thinks its not worthy of a red is either...

A)Blind

B)An Owls fan

C)A troll

D)All of the above

I'm surprised he didn't at the very least crack a rib!

Edited by SqueakyPete
Edited for the forum pedants

Anyone that thinks thats not a booking is either...

A)Blind

B)An Owls fan

C)A troll

D)All of the above

I'm surprised he didn't at the very least crack a rib!

It's because it was against a Blade it wasn't a Red

All that needs saying to those from s6 is--------

Would it have been a red if it was against say Antonio or Johnson

I reckon they would all be screaming for a long ban