Blades V Notts County Friday 2nd August

Bypassblade

It was the first game of the season, alot of new faces & was good to see a good mix of black players in there which Sheffield united has lacked over the years.

Good width and passing along the ground. I was at the Preston game in April and it was one of the worst games of football ive ever seen. A complete mess.

Yesterday was a huge improvement so credit where credits due. Im sure i'll be moaning around Christmas time as usual.

I had a little chuckle at the team sheet though, with the amount of Gealic names in there....:hihi:

Murphy

McGinty

McGinn

McFadzean

McDonald

Maguire

Flynn

Doyle

Collins

Coady

What has skin colour got to do with anything, not having a pop, just interested in your comment that's all...

Football can be an easy game against 10 men, United proved this tonight, passed well and took advantage of the gain....

It will be interesting to see if they can do this against bigger, more direct teams who will bully passing sides.

When has playing against 10 men been an easy game for the Blades :hihi::hihi:

We have never played well against 10 men until last night and we looked damn good doing it but like someone said against a poor Notts County side.

New manager with basically 1/2 a new team and the fans all behind the manager it looked and sounded magnificent last night, think I could hear DOT and Uncle Grappler singing from over here :hihi::hihi:

We have never played well against 10 men until last night and we looked damn good doing it but like someone said against a poor Notts County side.

New manager with basically 1/2 a new team and the fans all behind the manager it looked and sounded magnificent last night, think I could hear DOT and Uncle Grappler singing from over here :hihi::hihi:

Early days, be interesting to see how we play after a few games when all the lads have settled down, just wish Weir had started with Taylor instead of Porter.....

Hard to say how well you lot played against 10 men,Brentford will be a good test.

Thought the ref also gave you a lot last night,Fatty McGuire surely handballed just before you got the free kick.

Still thought the sending off was harsh and spoilt what could have been a more even game.

Oh boy never read such drivel, before the sending off we'd had 78% of possession, you really have taken hatred & bias to a who new level, if not then you're knowledge of football is zero I can see why you go to Hillsbro'.

What has skin colour got to do with anything, not having a pop, just interested in your comment that's all...

please dont turn this thread it a racial topic. That was not the intention.

Its always puzzled me what the ratio has been over the years and i noticed that this year its a bit more balanced in relation to other teams & leagues.

Now im not saying it a race thing but more of a style of play. The style of play has changed this season and you can see a bit more speed and power has been brought into the team certainly on the wings & in the middle of the park.

Namely Williams on the left & Brandy on the right. We didnt see much of Taylor but his stats look good.

From what i saw last night, it is working.

please dont turn this thread it a racial topic. That was not the intention.

Its always puzzled me what the ratio has been over the years and i noticed that this year its a bit more balanced in relation to other teams & leagues.

Now im not saying it a race thing but more of a style of play. The style of play has changed this season and you can see a bit more speed and power has been brought into the team certainly on the wings & in the middle of the park.

Namely Williams on the left & Brandy on the right. We didnt see much of Taylor but his stats look good.

From what i saw last night, it is working.

It's not a race thing at all and to be fair to United we've have always had a good mix of players black & white too many to mention. That Brandy is a live-wire reminds me of little Adrian Littlejohn (small) and can be tricky.

Williams will be okay but he did sell a couple of passes short, and they were borderline hospital passes not knocking him just saying. I thought Taylor absolutely worked his socks off, and on another night could have had the rewards.

It's not a race thing at all and to be fair to United we've have always had a good mix of players black & white too many to mention. That Brandy is a live-wire reminds me of little Adrian Littlejohn (small) and can be tricky.

Williams will be okay but he did sell a couple of passes short, and they were borderline hospital passes not knocking him just saying. I thought Taylor absolutely worked his socks off, and on another night could have had the rewards.

Could do with a few Germans & Spanish too. Those boys are a bit handy.

Im surprised Weir hasnt used his Everton & Man United ties to get a few on loan. Maybe hes happy with what hes got.

I enjoyed it last night, great way to start the season. Anyone thinking that foul should not have been a red card needs an eye test! Jumping up and lunging forward with studs up into the ribs/chest/arm pit area, only one outcome.

I was pleased with the passing style of play, very effective, and Brandy looks a real handful, it should have been a penalty when he was brought down in their box. Porter missed a sitter, not sure if it is just a confidence thing with him, Taylor looks strong.

Maguire needs to play to the whistle, yes it was a foul on him, but stopping play and looking at the ref is no good, if the ref doesn't blow, keep going, that cost us a goal.

County were a very dirty team, as the stats prove, but there will be worse to come, so unless the ref blows, keep going Blades!

Not many mentions on here so far for Stephen McGinn, but from where I was sat, he looked good, Coady looked very composed for a young lad, McFadzean was his usual lively, fearless self when he came on.

Even Doyle looked good, and I have been a critic of his in recent times.

As for McDonald, what can you say, that was a textbook performance, a class above everyone else on the field, he was kicked to pieces all night (as was Brandy), but he sucked it up and got on with it, it was fitting that the first goal of the new season came from him. I hope that is the first one of many.

Well done Mr. Weir, an interesting formation and a nice style of playing, long may it continue.

"....Weir's Red and White Army...."

Edited by Grappler

Could do with a few Germans & Spanish too. Those boys are a bit handy.

Im surprised Weir hasnt used his Everton & Man United ties to get a few on loan. Maybe hes happy with what hes got.

I think he will but think the lad from Liverpool is a bye product of his connections with the city, he looks useful and 90 minutes would be a real chance to show what he can do.

We have to make the most of his loan and perhaps can get him for the season, he is highly regarded at Liverpool and seen as the next Gerrard.

Mind you could go to Everton & get Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Anichebe & Jelovic, and off Mr Moyes Giggs, Ferdinand, Hernandez, RVP lol; what it is to dream.

Edited by Bypassblade

Yes CB, Grappler was singing his heart out! it was that sort of game and that sort of atmosphere, a nice welcome to BDTBL for Mr. Weir and the new lads.

By the way, not sure if it came across on TV, but there was one song which had everyone in fits of laughter, although it was not politically correct!

There were a group of County fans near the Westfield stand, shouting and waving and swearing, acting tough (like you see most weeks), and one of them was a rather large young lady, effing and blinding, sticking two fingers up, etc., so to the tune of:-

"Sheff United, Sheff United

We'll support you ever more

Weeeeeeell support you ever more"

A croud of lads sang

"Have you ever

Have you ever

Have you ever seen your feet?

Have you ever seen your feet"

Everyone joined in for a second chorus and there was much laughinng and not much coming back from the county fans :hihi: