Blades V Notts County Friday 2nd August

Hello, hello good to be back, so the new season starts on Friday and we kick it off at BDTBL, any thoughts on the game. I feel it will give us an indication of how Weir is shaping the team, and hopefully start off with a win.

To be honest for the first time ever I really do not know what to expect on Friday. I don't even know what team Weir will select. I am hoping for:

Long

McMahon

Harry

Collins

Hill

McFad

Coady

Doyle

Brandy

MaccaD

Porter

I think :).

Hopefully 2-1 win, some good football & plenty of beer.

For me, a win would be great, to win by more than one goal would be even better, but overall, a more positive approach than last season can only be good.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Friday, and hope we have a good season.

UTB.

Got to say I echo both comments above, never felt this good going into the season as I have for this one for years, COYRAWW. All joking apart I've knocked Porter, but have this niggling feeling that Weir will bring out the best in him.

I'm going to a Blades friends house for this one, I fancy you fellas to get off to good start as well, 2-0 United...

I'm going to a Blades friends house for this one, I fancy you fellas to get off to good start as well, 2-0 United...

Hope you are right Corks, long time no see mate.

Hope you are right Corks, long time no see mate.

I'm gonna have a couple of quid on it so I hope it goes in lol and yeah not seen you for ages pal hope all's well fella :)

The county fan I spoke to a couple of weeks back wasn't confident at all. He thought you'd win. I expect you will aswell

I,m not expecting us to come flying out of the traps from day 1,nice if we did,but I think things will need time and games to settle into a style,formation and the right players in the right places.Managers change and so could lots of other things,established players getting a new lease of life,background players getting a chance and taking it,newcomers wanting to impress........plus,negative things could happen too,so I think give it a dozen games and see how it goes,but don't panic if we are not 6 points clear at the top by then,hopefully,the home form can get sorted and becomes a fortress again,that is one of the first things on the agenda,dominating at the Lane and looking like we want to play positive and put games to bed instead of scratching around for 90 minutes.

I,m not expecting us to come flying out of the traps from day 1,nice if we did,but I think things will need time and games to settle into a style,formation and the right players in the right places.Managers change and so could lots of other things,established players getting a new lease of life,background players getting a chance and taking it,newcomers wanting to impress........plus,negative things could happen too,so I think give it a dozen games and see how it goes,but don't panic if we are not 6 points clear at the top by then,hopefully,the home form can get sorted and becomes a fortress again,that is one of the first things on the agenda,dominating at the Lane and looking like we want to play positive and put games to bed instead of scratching around for 90 minutes.

Agree the one thing we always used to have was good solid home performances and we have lost that over the last couple of seasons and the first thing we need to look to do is get that back. The fans need to play their part though and I think we finally have a manager that unites the fans so lets hope fortress Bramall Lane is back.

Agree the one thing we always used to have was good solid home performances and we have lost that over the last couple of seasons and the first thing we need to look to do is get that back. The fans need to play their part though and I think we finally have a manager that unites the fans so lets hope fortress Bramall Lane is back.

Wilson had us playing not to lose that's why we had so many draws.

Totally agree about us getting a manager that unites the fans and now its up to the Bladesmen and Bladeswomen to get behind the team from the off and if it goes pear shaped even for a bit stay behind the lads for the full 90 minutes.... 1-0 Blades for me so I can start a Blades win and ermmmmm thread Friday night :hihi::hihi: