Further 10% cut to local authorities

Give us a list of local council cuts you'd like to see then. Specifics, not just general rants about "throwing money at all these PC doogooder projects and immigants (sic)"

you've asked a sensible request: unfortunately the might of SF has only come up with two suggestions so far.

you've asked a sensible request: unfortunately the might of SF has only come up with two suggestions so far.

if people want things so much then

Privitise libraries

Privitise museums

reduce the parking wardens as they always seem to go around in twos for company.

city centre ambassadors, waste of time and money

i am sure i you look on the council web site there will highly paid positions for various "outreach " workers from prostitution drugs , somalian refugees etc etc.

various council backed festivals, shefftival, winterval, etc etc

remove free taxis for school kids they can get the bus like most kids or walk.

cut the salaries of the great and the good in the council chambers, how many of the council are on over 100k ?? a year i am sure without seeing the whole spending budget a load more could be cut!

if people want things so much then

Privitise libraries

Privitise museums

reduce the parking wardens as they always seem to go around in twos for company.

city centre ambassadors, waste of time and money

i am sure i you look on the council web site there will highly paid positions for various "outreach " workers from prostitution drugs , somalian refugees etc etc.

various council backed festivals, shefftival, winterval, etc etc

remove free taxis for school kids they can get the bus like most kids or walk.

cut the salaries of the great and the good in the council chambers, how many of the council are on over 100k ?? a year i am sure without seeing the whole spending budget a load more could be cut!

not really thought out - falls more into the "general rants" category described by Taxman earlier.

What would be more helpful is if anyone could identify something they personally receive now that they would be prepared to lose in the public good.

would it be too simplistic to ask council employees to pay their own pension contributions? i don't know if that adds up to 10% of the budget, but it'd be a step in the right direction.

That would be a good start ! I have to pay into my own pension !!!

---------- Post added 27-06-2013 at 10:21 ----------

not really thought out - falls more into the "general rants" category described by Taxman earlier.

What would be more helpful is if anyone could identify something they personally receive now that they would be prepared to lose in the public good.

Not a rant as such just pointing out the obvious!!

Edited by AdamSmith

would it be too simplistic to ask council employees to pay their own pension contributions? i don't know if that adds up to 10% of the budget, but it'd be a step in the right direction.

I work in the public sector, I pay nearly 10% of my salary in to my pension as does every other person who is in the scheme. Seems the gold plated pension propaganda worked with some!

Local Government staff pay into their pensions, always have done.

The big "but" is that your employer

Pays in way more than is sustainable :loopy:

Let's hope that stops

---------- Post added 27-06-2013 at 13:00 ----------

I work in the public sector, I pay nearly 10% of my salary in to my pension as does every other person who is in the scheme. Seems the gold plated pension propaganda worked with some!

Bully for you 10%!!!! And how much does the employer put in ?? And it will be ring fenced and index linked !! Most can only dream of your pension !