Julie Dore - wasting your money to protect it

You might like to consult the report as many High Green residents have higher incomes than some of those those in Dore.It is called research and like a Census ,but focusing on Sheffield.Just accept it and get on with things.

you should be a labour spin doctor:hihi::hihi: manipulating figures:o "many high green residents " "some of those in dore" how many is "many"? how many are "some":huh::loopy:

you should be a labour spin doctor:hihi::hihi: manipulating figures:o "many high green residents " "some of those in dore" how many is "many"? how many are "some":huh::loopy:

If you read the appendix of the report you decry the data will be there.

If you read the appendix of the report you decry the data will be there.

i dont decry any data just the way you presented it, you could just as easily have said,"You might like to consult the report as many Dore residents have higher incomes than some of those those in High Green ." and its very probable that some residents in high green have a higher income than some in Dore! now when you get into actual numbers its highley probable that the percentage of high earners is higher in dore? so how many higher earners do you think are in High Green?? i havent a clue but percentage wise its low.

True.

Sheffield's last labour council spent wasted over £50 million trying to do just that in Burngreave, Firth Park and Page Hall, with no net benefit except for some new roofs, windows and walls for the larger houses on the main roads.

I'm afraid one of the main reasons those 'poorer' areas will always look untidy is the mentality of the residents

I believe that the funding for the housing improvements came out of E.U. funds

---------- Post added 10-02-2013 at 19:07 ----------

THATS LIFE AS THEY SAY!! fairness isnt a right as Julie Dore and others seem to think, you get out of life what you put in, if you work hard and learn hard you get the rewards, all the lefties on here bleating about how unfair life is to the poor downtrodden north sheffielders, prehaps if they wasted less money on crackpot schemes and more on actually doing something positive to create wealth then we may have a chance...............but hey this is Sheffield....no wont change due to the my grandad voted labour....my dad voted labour etc etc :loopy:

Yup vote tory and help keep the bankers pick up their "hard earned bonuses"

:roll:not that old chestnut:suspect::roll:

Which of course they didn't get under Labour?

Like the council scoring an own goal every week?

I would like to bet that the same council slagging arguments are being deployed on the forums of all these other cities that are constantly being held up as paragons of well run councils. In any case this Meadowhall v.City centre argument will more than likely not matter in 10/20 years time as internet shopping will have made both areas redundant for shopping.

I would like to bet that the same council slagging arguments are being deployed on the forums of all these other cities that are constantly being held up as paragons of well run councils. In any case this Meadowhall v.City centre argument will more than likely not matter in 10/20 years time as internet shopping will have made both areas redundant for shopping.

I bet the city centre is closed for business long before Meadowhall. :)

Fairness is a big issue in Sheffield which is probably the most polarised city in

the the country, The Hallam Constituency(Eccleshall,Dore Millhouses) is acknowledged as one of the most prosperous areas, outside of London/Southeast. Then we have the North/North East of the city (Parson Cross, Shiregreen,Southey Green etc) one of the poorest.

Also the discrepancy in life expectancy is getting up to 10 years between the areas, with the north side obviously the loser.

Or this could be seen as the south side obviously the winner

But the money isn't going to make Sheffield a fairer place

Are you on the Commission?

No, Only trying to put the other side of the argument-which seems sadly lacking.

There's nothing to stop her or anyone on the council signing up and replying.

Back when this forum started there used to be Q&A sessions with leading city figures.