Carpet places - suggestions

Looking for peoples opinions on best places to buy carpet. We've just moved in to a new house, and need carpet throughout pretty much. We had a B&Q gift card, so while we were down there spending, had a quick look. Based on a 5x5m^2 and the carpet I looked it, would be about £130.

I'll be honest, I've no idea if this is expensive or not, something I've never had to do before :P

I know of only 2 more places in Sheffield that sells carpet, so some help would be appreciated :)

Decent carpet shop in arcade near Morrissons Hillsborough. Owner is very helpful, lets you take samples home etc. Think there's a discount on until end of Jan if you're quick. Depends where you live I suppose. Prices reasonable too.

John Stuart, Woodhouse Village. had several carpets from him over the years, in all price ranges. He is very helpful and will offer friendly and honest advice.

Eric Gilbert, Abbeydale Road, lovely family company.

Looking for peoples opinions on best places to buy carpet. We've just moved in to a new house, and need carpet throughout pretty much. We had a B&Q gift card, so while we were down there spending, had a quick look. Based on a 5x5m^2 and the carpet I looked it, would be about £130.

I'll be honest, I've no idea if this is expensive or not, something I've never had to do before :P

I know of only 2 more places in Sheffield that sells carpet, so some help would be appreciated :)

theres one on spital hill i've had a couple from there before theres another the top of shirecliffe round about

Harris carpets in Atkinsons . The same carpet was double the price in the shop near Morrisons .Don't forget to haggle if you have a lot of rooms to do .

Are you looking for a new carpet or a second hand one?

Are you looking for a new carpet or a second hand one?

New, do people buy second hand ones?

Thanks people, I'l go check them out in the week :D

Harris carpets in Atkinsons . The same carpet was double the price in the shop near Morrisons .Don't forget to haggle if you have a lot of rooms to do .

We used them and we've been lazy with our carpets and they still look good as new. They laid our carpet about 4 years ago as well

I wanted a new carpet for my stairs and I looked at all the usual shops but the prices were shocking for the quality of the carpet. I was advised to go to Trade Carpets on Tyler Street Winkobank, I was really impressed with the service, they came out and measured for free I chose a roll end that would fit and they fitted it and it was excellent quality and it looks beautiful for half the price of the bigger carpet shops . They are a family run business and are really nice. I have recommended them to others who have been very happy with them. :) And no i do not work for them or know them personally :)