Do Disabled People Mind If I Park In Their Space?

Is there no capability within the system to issue a temporary badge? That would be the obvious solution to your dilemma.

No, currently there is no capability for temporary badges at all, meaning that someone with a broken leg who will be in a wheelchair or on crutches for a couple of months needs to hope that they can have shopping delivered ;)

If you're in constant pain then you may not be able to make it from any space other than one right by the door.

I can't make it around most shops by myself, let alone from out across the car park, trying to push a trolley across it on the way back again.

I think you really ought to think about the other effects of being in constant pain, like a lack of stamina when pushing oneself through pain, before you comment.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

there may have been empty spaces, but they are there for disabled people when they need them..

its the same with the disabled persons loo, it may appear empty, but there may be those with a need to access it quickly.

those of us who use the disabled peoples facilities don't have a choice as to where to park, go to the loo etc. others do.

I didn't realise that disabled loos were for the sole use of disabled people - I thought they were to provide facilities that wheelchair users were able to us? Very often, the disabled facility and the ladies' loo (sometimes the gents') is one and the same, especially in smaller cafes etc.

If you're dieing for the loo, there's a queue a mile long for the ladies', an empty disabled toilet and there's not a wheelchair user in sight, is it such a bad thing to use it? Seems like a logical thing to do.

Are there any conditions people can envisage, where it would acceptable for a non-badge holder to use a disabled spot?

Stopped to administer first aid.

Having a heart attack (in which case parking is quite impressive)

Those sorts of things.

'Can't find another space' is IMO never good enough.

I think they should create a 2 tier system lets say Blue and Orange Badges

Blue Badge = people who need mobility chairs etc, these spots will be extra wide and near the entrance.

Orange Badge = People who do not need mobility chairs, and can walk with a stick etc, these will be placed further away from the blue badge areas and be slightly wider.

If you can walk unaided (if you are in pain or not) you shouldn't really get a badge.

Stopped to administer first aid.

Having a heart attack (in which case parking is quite impressive)

Those sorts of things.

'Can't find another space' is IMO never good enough.

Another one is when someone is temporarily seriously injured, like with a broken leg or other injury that leads to them being on crutches or in a wheelchair. I would have no issue at all with a car carrying them being parked in a disabled bay.

Morally I'd agree, but without a badge they'd be subject to whatever penalties exist...

Morally I'd agree, but without a badge they'd be subject to whatever penalties exist...

I understand that, but was answering personally. As stated on another thread, there is no such thing as a temporary blue badge which means that anybody who is recovering from an injury that genuinely incapacitates them is really very limited in what support they can get for getting to buy food (for instance).

I honestly don't see what point you're making.

If you're in constant pain anyway, then the disabled spot is of no benefit to you.

The point being made is the disabled space is reserved for the disabled, not the able bodied to judge the extent of that disability. If a car carries a permit then that's it, they are disabled.

Well as the criteria have been posted it's clear that being HIV+ doesn't qualify you for motability or a badge. So either you are mistaken, or you didn't know the whole story, or he somehow managed to completely scam the system.

You're just so argumentative and you have no idea what you're talking about. It's not an endearing combination.

It's interesting to note that only one person has been intelligent enough to realise that if one person is dim enough to think "there's spaces left, they won't mind" then so will other thickies thus defeating the object of disabled spaces. It wouldn't just stop at one.

Exactly. The spaces would soon be taken if we became the arbiters of who is eligible or not to park.

when you see a disabled person out, for example in meadowhall consider this

in order for them to appear fine, they might have had to spend a week preparing for the trip. They might have had to arrange for someone else to come with them, and they might only be able to stay an hour.

For that one hour, they might then spend the rest of the week in bed in constant pain...

But for that one hour, they might appear to you...

"normal"

people just dont see me on my worst days, i stay indoors..