Sheffield Wednesday transfer rumours - Summer 2012

There's a big difference from £350k to £750k though - After losing out on LeFondre through similar tactics a year ago, it just seems a bit cheap... maybe he's hoping that no-one comes in for Antonio at all, and that Reading will loan him out for another season?

id say im confident that even if another club does come in, we have the advantage that antonio has played with us, made good friends with the players here and already publicly declared his interest in joining us. something we didnt have with the others. i think the owls look like a much hotter prospect for players now than the last time we went up. things look good for us for a change :)

one of the sunday papers say we have bid 2 mil for swanseas wayne routledge i personally dont belive this but its good been linked to these kind of players

Paul Walker ‏@Walkerpw

I understand Sheff Wed have recently had a bid rejected for Derby striker Chris Maguire. Value too high so Owls onto other targets. #SWFC

Courtesy of Paul Walker's twitter

Can't say I'm full of confidence up to now with the type of signings got & who he's talking about getting.M.M.said he would back the manager in the transfer market.Afull back from Oldham & a keeper who,when fit is brilliant,but lets face it,we've already got one of those.I've just heard he's trying to sign some young Portugese mid-fielder & had an offer turned down for a striker from Derby(whom I've never heard of)Doesn't exactly fill you with optimism does it?

Can't say I'm full of confidence up to now with the type of signings got & who he's talking about getting.M.M.said he would back the manager in the transfer market.Afull back from Oldham & a keeper who,when fit is brilliant,but lets face it,we've already got one of those.I've just heard he's trying to sign some young Portugese mid-fielder & had an offer turned down for a striker from Derby(whom I've never heard of)Doesn't exactly fill you with optimism does it?

well even with manderics backing we cant afford the creme de le creme lol

Diogo Amado anyone?

Yes, he's just signed this afternoon.

Very highly rated in Portugal a real talent.

Dave jones said when he first came,you wont hear anything from me regarding transfers until they are signed,so i wouldnt believe owt at the moment. Trust in MM and DJ they wont let us down.

Forward Chris Maguire is the next target from Derby County they signed him for for just under 500,000 apparently they've rejected our first offer?

I would love us to get Powell, even on loan after being bought by a bigger club.