Sheffield Wednesday transfer rumours - Summer 2012

heffield Wednesday have expressed an interest in signing Motherwell midfielder Steven Jennings on a free transfer.

The out-of-contract player has been offered a new deal to stay with next season's Champions League qualifiers participants, having originally signed from Tranmere Rovers in 2009.

Jennings is currently weighing up his options having been offered a two-year contract to remain in Scotland, while also being aware of a number of clubs in the Championship and League One considering him as a signing target.

STV understands that Wednesday boss Dave Jones will consider the 27-year-old as he attempts to bolster his squad for their return to the Championship following promotion this season.

Jennings has made 107 appearances for Motherwell and was used 37 times by Stuart McCall in the 2011/12 campaign as the Steelmen finished third in the Scottish Premier League.

Sheffield Wednesday in double swoop for Chris Maguire and Diogo Amado

SHEFFIELD -Wednesday have made a £850,000 double swoop for Derby striker Chris Maguire,

Are these signings or just reported bids? I'd read Derby had turned down two bids for Maguire. According to Nigel Clough: 'It's a bit of bad luck, really. He's come down from Scotland and not settled particularly well. I think he's found it tough in terms of adapting to life in the Championship."

They may both prove to be gems, can honestly say i'd not heard of either before though...

Chris Maguire wouldn't be my ideal sort of targets-but then again we won't be spending big time by the looks of things....

I seriously hope Milan hasn't weighed it up and made the decision to take a stance saying "look at the previous sides promoted from league one, Southampton/Norwich" but forget the fact, both squads had capable championship sides on relegation to league one then added..

Hearing shedloads of "rumours" that Kevin McDonald of "Sheffield United" is on the verge of joining Wednesday...

Also swop deal being proposed by Doncaster James Coppinger for Ryan Lowe & Giles Coke

Not sure how McDonald would fare at the higher level but Coppinger would be a good buy, I work with a lot of hardcore Donny fans and they love him.

Edited by top4718

Hearing shedloads of "rumours" that Kevin McDonald of "Sheffield United" is on the verge of joining Wednesday...

Also swop deal being proposed by Doncaster James Coppinger for Ryan Lowe & Giles Coke

Heard that a couple of days ago that we'd enquired about him, but he thought it only curtious to listen to Uniteds offer first, which is quite right.

I also see that Dave Jones is only 6/1 for the managers job at Swansea!