Why not this much celebration on St. Georges day??

I was in a pub last night and there were the obvious drunken revellers celebrating the day. Not one of them were Irish by the way.

Anyway, i got chatting to them later on, asking them where they'd been all day etc, and to be fair, they were just good lads having a good day out, wearing their shamrocks etc.

I then asked them individually if they could name the patron saint of Ireland.....4 out of 5 seriously didn't have a clue and one of them thought it might be Patrick! :hihi:

So I will return the question, whats the point in the ENGLISH celebrating an IRISH tradition? This country cant even support its own day, silly individuals.

They are not celebrating an Irish tradition, they are just dressing up and getting drunk.

Only small countries need to celebrate such as St Pats, St Andrews St Davids etc.

England is a great country, great in every way, We owned the world, bankrupted ourselves gloriously fighting fascism and German and Japanese imperialism. Gave away our empire in such a way that those countries still remain as part of the Commonwealth.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, This England.

Enjoy your celebrations lesser mortals, but when your heads clear remember, if it was not for the English you would still live in hovels and subsist on potatoes and mutton.

Only small countries need to celebrate such as St Pats, St Andrews St Davids etc.

England is a great country, great in every way, We owned the world, bankrupted ourselves gloriously fighting fascism and German and Japanese imperialism. Gave away our empire in such a way that those countries still remain as part of the Commonwealth.

Enjoy your celebrations lesser mortals, but when your heads clear remember, if it was not for the English you would still live in hovels and subsist on potatoes and mutton.

On the subject of potatoes! Don't ask the Irish about that.

Arrogant English drivel yet again. is this the same English who were conquered by Norman French? The same English who ran out of Monarchs and had to Unite with Scotland so they could have a King and then go to the German Hannovarians to get a Laird to become King. The Commonwealth is a British Commonwealth The wars were fought by countries from every corner of the globe,Have a visit to the memorial in Ypres ( The Menin Gate) and have look at the names and countries of the lads who were never found.

If any body wants to organise a celebration for St George do it. If people want to join in St Patricks day so what? 10% of Sheffielders are Irish descent allegedly, thats a lot of people. In this Jubilee yearcelebrate with The Queen Her Majesty Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, Ireland and the British Dominions beyond the Seas Queen, Defender of the Faith when she was crowned.

ALBA GU BRATH

St Patricks day does not bother me, can't say I can fully understand why so many English people choose to join the celebrations other than to enjoy the alcohol consumption ! Always wondered how well St Georges day celebrations would go down in the bars of Dublin though :suspect: