Inconsiderate vets ??

fishcake1972, I am so sorry for your loss, please ignore the morons who have posted so cruelly on here. The reason that the vet put your pet in the boot will probably have been due to the fact that the normal reflexes that prevent body fluids from escaping have obviously been lost so therefore he will not have wanted urine/faeces/stomach contents from your pet to leak onto his car seat. You can arrange to have your pet cremated. There are several Pets Crematora around Sheffield who will treat you with respect if this is what you decide

Edited by tasha_78_1

fishcake1972 I am very sorry to hear about your dog, it is a horrible and very upsetting thing to have to go through and no one is ever truly ready for it.

Many years ago we had the vet out to put my Mums dog to sleep, and it was the same I'm afraid, they put her in a black bag there and then and put her into the car boot, but they were very gentle and considerate when they did it, I am so sorry that you had to see them being otherwise...I know that a kind vet can make times like this bearable or otherwise, so sorry to hear that your experience was hurtful x

Note to self, when upset do not come onto the "friendly" sheffield forum, and before the self righteous brigade turn up, yes i know everyone is entitled to an opinion, but sometimes i find the posts on here just plain rude and unfeeling, put your brain in gear before you start typing. The op is obviously upset by their loss, a little sensitivity wouldnt go amiss now would it??
well said ,i was just reading this and did think wow some people are being a bit harsh ,

If you have never been in this position before and didn't know what to expect don't come on here slating the vets as you are making yourself look stupid :) It is perfectly normal what the vets have done so now you know what to expect if it should happen again !

Whats your problem CeeCee :confused: Why have a pop at the OP when she is obviously upset? It makes no difference if it was right or wrong its neither here nor there, the OP found this part of it upsetting!! is that really so difficult to understand?

OP Im so very sorry for your loss, helping your dog at the end is one of the hardest things you will ever have to do, please take comfort in knowing that you did the last kind thing you could do for your dog xxx

Just want to say I am so sorry for you loss, and maybe best to stop discussing it now, as it just seems to be tarnishing the pain of losing a much loved pet.

Perhaps it would have been better to have taken him for a private cremation, and I know the one I used would have collected him, and more than likely have handled it a little better, but that is the service you would have been paying for.

But I really dont think the vet did anything wrong, and perhaps when you have got over the shock and pain of losing you pet, you may see things differently, I do hope so.

Take care.

Just want to say I am so sorry for you loss, and maybe best to stop discussing it now, as it just seems to be tarnishing the pain of losing a much loved pet, and reading other peoples views will just distress you even further

Perhaps it would have been better to have taken him for a private cremation, and I know the one I used would have collected him, and more than likely have handled it a little better, but that is the service you would have been paying for.

But I really dont think the vet did anything wrong, and perhaps when you have got over the shock and pain of losing you pet, you may see things differently, I do hope so.

Take care.

Some of the comments on here are so horrible. Anger is a natural stage of grief, and the OPs opinion, whether justified or not is understandable. What I would say, is to take comfort in the fact that your dog would not have known, and that his/her last memory would've been the faces of people who loved him, and who he loved. What happens after, try not to concern yourself with. You did what needed to be done and what was best for your dog, and eventually your happy memories will far outweigh this xx

Some of the comments on here are so horrible. Anger is a natural stage of grief, and the OPs opinion, whether justified or not is understandable. What I would say, is to take comfort in the fact that your dog would not have known, and that his/her last memory would've been the faces of people who loved him, and who he loved. What happens after, try not to concern yourself with. You did what needed to be done and what was best for your dog, and eventually your happy memories will far outweigh this xx

Great post.

Last November I had to have my dog put to sleep due to a long term illness.It was Sunday tea time.I rang my vet who gave me an emergency number to ring,which I did.It was called Vets Now Emergency based at the PDSA.When I rang they told me there was a fee of £120 before any consultation.When we arrived there was Vets and other staff there,so no one had to be called out. The consultation,injection and disposal of the dog came to £83.78, the £120 went up to £127.18 on the bill, total=£210.96p.Apart from feeling ripped off it has put me off rescuing another dog.The same week my friend had her horse PTS,had to call the vet out at 7am £140.