Turf wars in Sheffield

Well then, it's going to be water/dinosaurs.. if this is an argument of "we were here first", "my dad is bigger than yours", "my car is faster than yours", "my pancake is flatter than yours" etc..

I never said we were here first. I said its ours.

Theres a difference

Playing on the M1 would be more constructive

Dont let me stop you :wave:

Do you not see the irony in it though, come on even the most ardant do gooder has to accept that each country has its own values and practices, killing each other over land you don't own is pretty stupid by anyones standards!!!

Look at Britains history, and you will find that it has been going on for a very very very very long time :)

As one said above, Education, Education, Education!

How is the land yours? Are you a billionaire that owns large portions of the country?

I never knew the dole paid so much...

Well im gonna get my bit in before it turns into another racial thread and gets deleted.

I say leave them too it,the more they kill each other the less strain/drain on our social security system.

Look at Britains history, and you will find that it has been going on for a very very very very long time :)

As one said above, Education, Education, Education!

How is the land yours? Are you a billionaire that owns large portions of the country?

I never knew the dole paid so much...

Its not, i didn't claim it was and neither does it belong to the Somalians or Bengalise fighting over it.

As for the dole, i've been lucky and never had to claim it so i couldn't tell you how much it paid!!

I think the point that's being made here (quite rightly) is that if you identify yourself as "Somali" or "Bengali" and not as British; then whats the point and where is the right for you to fight over land or locations which are neither of the two?

Ethnically we're all mixed in some way but we consider our "turf" to be the whole of England, the land which we live as peacefully as we can.

In the case of Bengal or Somalia; why flee a land where violence and struggle is prominent to another country and then implement the same bull that's made your ethnic homeland a mess in the first place. If you want ethnic separatism in an area, return to your homeland and fight for it there.

I think the point that's being made here (quite rightly) is that if you identify yourself as "Somali" or "Bengali" and not as British; then whats the point and where is the right for you to fight over land or locations which are neither of the two?

Ethnically we're all mixed in some way but we consider our "turf" to be the whole of England, the land which we live as peacefully as we can.

In the case of Bengal or Somalia; why flee a land where violence and struggle is prominent to another country and then implement the same bull that's made your ethnic homeland a mess in the first place. If you want ethnic separatism in an area, return to your homeland and fight for it there.

I can't disagree with this, but then the question is why is there such as dysfunction in parts of society.

The London riots is a good example, but all race and creed was involved in that, so in truth it's not just 'ethnic minorities'.

London riots and this instance in Sheffield are two completely separate cases. I think there are more layers to what happened in London than an onion. What's happening in Sheffield is just shallow and pure idiocy and as someone mentioned earlier "education education education" this is just idiot children looking for something to have a ruck about with no real grounding. the same as "post code gangs" and the same as "football crews". if two people want to fight and kill over a non-issue then I say let them. perhaps the loss of life will be the only thing that will educate them on the futility of their pathetic behaviour.

How? Seriously? I know about the Normans and the War of the Roses and the Civil War but with the exception of perhaps the civil war these were disputes between the ruling classes. Britain is not known for it's turf wars at all. We're nothing like countries like Afghanistan or Rwanda or Somalia where there is a history of different factions fighting. In fact in general we have always been a fairly peace cohesive country with little infighting. I'm struggling to think of what you are referring to?

If Aborigines & Native American Indians, can be classed as the indigenous peoples of their lands - why cannot also those in the UK, who are of Celtic, Anglo-Saxon, Nordic origins?

London riots and this instance in Sheffield are two completely separate cases. I think there are more layers to what happened in London than an onion. What's happening in Sheffield is just shallow and pure idiocy and as someone mentioned earlier "education education education" this is just idiot children looking for something to have a ruck about with no real grounding. the same as "post code gangs" and the same as "football crews". if two people want to fight and kill over a non-issue then I say let them. perhaps the loss of life will be the only thing that will educate them on the futility of their pathetic behaviour.

But in the article it says that this boy was a first year civil engineering student at Hallam. That fact alone shows that he was in education beyond the minimum, got something out of it and likely had more than minimal parental involvement.

Very sad somebody who had something going for him had this happen to him, but it does show that to a certain extent the portrayal of people involved in this kind of behaviour as victims does not hold true and they get involved because they like it and they want to, not because society forced them to.

If Aborigines & Native American Indians, can be classed as the indigenous peoples of their lands - why cannot also those in the UK, who are of Celtic, Anglo-Saxon, Nordic origins?

Very good point, but the far left will label you fascist/racist/edl/bnp.

Edited by stevie1957

Its awfully sad yes, and awfully sad for us as a city that this has happened and is happening in this day and age.

I think education surpasses books and lectures sometimes and runs into having the knowledge of citizenship, common decency, behaviour, attitude and maturity. Things that books cannot always give us. Perhaps the educational level of his peers in this instance brought his capacity to judge right from wrong to questionable levels.