Turf wars in Sheffield

So I take it your world view is a global government with a village of 6 billion. Scary.

Tell me, would you be happy to see skinned cats being sold as a delicacy in Castle Market? or stoning's taking place? if not, why not?

All this nice fluffy language that idiots come out with never stands up to scrutiny.

Did I say any of that? No I didn't. I said that I think it's important for us to prioritise in life. I said we need to remember what is important. We only get one life. It's so short. Do you want to spend that time hating or loving?

Just a quick question, do you have any friends that are non-British? Do you actually spend any time with people who are not exactly the same as you?

If not, why not give it a go? You might learn something about yourself. And the world. And what's important.

“Definition: Indigenous peoples, or Natives, are ethnic groups who are native to a land or region, especially before the arrival and intrusion of a foreign and possibly dominating culture. They are a group of people whose members share a cultural identity that has been shaped by their geographical region. A variety of names are used in various countries to identify such groups of people, but they generally are regarded as the "original inhabitants" of a territory or region. Their right to self-determination may be materially affected by the later-arriving ethnic groups …”

“Definition: Indigenous peoples, or Natives, are ethnic groups who are native to a land or region, especially before the arrival and intrusion of a foreign and possibly dominating culture. They are a group of people whose members share a cultural identity that has been shaped by their geographical region. A variety of names are used in various countries to identify such groups of people, but they generally are regarded as the "original inhabitants" of a territory or region. Their right to self-determination may be materially affected by the later-arriving ethnic groups …”

So that counts most of us out then

How can you racists be so cold and heartless?

Children are dying and you're on your soap-boxes talking about 'your country'.

Well if you're the kind of people that represent 'my country', I'd rather forego the right to call it 'mine' at all.

Surely geographical divides are just arbitrary? Look at England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland. Who gives a monkeys what it's called? Surely the most important thing is that we all look after people, are accountable, help each other and are GOOD?

What's wrong with you? You've become so short sighted about what actually matters that you can't see past the end of your white, racist nose.

THINK ABOUT IT.

My nose isn't white, nor is it racist.

Just a quick question, do you have any friends that are non-British? Do you actually spend any time with people who are not exactly the same as you?

If not, why not give it a go? You might learn something about yourself. And the world. And what's important.

I DO! and that's what makes me mad. In my social group my very closest friends comprise of Irish, Jamaican, Indian and Chinese. We all consider ourselves to be British, even if historically, ethnically and by the standards of others, we aren't. We would call out Rule Britannia from the depths of our hearts and we are stone cold proud to recognise ourselves as Englishmen with a bi-racial ethnic ancestry. The thing that sickens me about the OP's post (not the OP or what was said but about the story to which it refers) isn't the race of the people involved (and i'm really impressed that no-one has thrown religion into the mix yet) but the fact that young men who truly have so much going for them and represent a racial group which has struggle in the countries to which they ethnically originate, find themselves in a land of opportunity where there is no discouragement at all for people of various races to interact and love one another, go and screw up the whole ideal of racial interaction and equality by needlessly taking and risking lives on our streets.

Send them back to their country of origin. Before anyone starts bleating "they were born here" then send them to their parents country of origin. Let them fight there.

Hmm, some strange reasoning there irenewilde, do you believe gang fighting is the preserve of foreigners or their children? Why should those British citizens be sent to their parents country of origin? What is unique about their misdemeanours that makes them different to other British citizens? In my opinion they should be punished in the same way and if the defendant in the OP is convicted of manslaughter he should go to prison for a long time and rightly so.

The funny thing about it is, is that this country is neither any Bengali or Somali's turf. Why dont both groups get back to their own countries because they're not wanted by anyone here.

But by extending that logic you're implying that turf fights should only take place over turf that you own, and rarely is that the case in such disputes-if it were there'd be no gang fighting on council estates. You also seem to be suggesting that British gangs fighting over turf are in some way in a better position than those that aren't.

Hmm, some strange reasoning there irenewilde, do you believe gang fighting is the preserve of foreigners or their children?

She never said that Mr Twistywisty :roll:

Why should those British citizens be sent to their parents country of origin?

Because we have enough thugs of our own and by our own i mean who can trace their family back more than 5 minutes and dont only call themselves British when it suits.

What is unique about their misdemeanours that makes them different to other British citizens?

They arent British.

Just ask them.

In my opinion they should be punished in the same way and if the defendant in the OP is convicted of manslaughter he should go to prison for a long time and rightly so.

Thats just your opinion and one im glad is becoming more and more of a minority opinion.