Turf wars in Sheffield

Do you not see the irony in it though, come on even the most ardant do gooder has to accept that each country has its own values and practices, killing each other over land you don't own is pretty stupid by anyones standards!!!

..and don't you see the irrelevance of your statement?

'Turf wars' existed in Britain long before any Bengalis or Somalians arrived here, they aren't a foreign invention, and rarely do the Brits who engage in them 'own' the turf they fight over anyway, so the belief that Bengalis and Somalians shouldn't fight amongst themselves on that basis is an illogical one in any event.

..and don't you see the irrelevance of your statement?

'Turf wars' existed in Britain long before any Bengalis or Somalians arrived here, they aren't a foreign invention, and rarely do the Brits who engage in them 'own' the turf they fight over anyway, so the belief that Bengalis and Somalians shouldn't fight amongst themselves on that basis is an illogical one in any event.

To be fair these are not even real turf wars, they are bunches of kids fighting over 2pac dvd,s and weed, there are no real organised gangs, just some mates sticking together.

Britain is not known for it's turf wars at all.

There are parts of Glasgow where being of the wrong branch of Christianity will get you done over. And it's even worse if you change Britain to UK and include Belfast. Walk down the Falls Road wearing an orange sash and Rangers shirt and see how you get on.

There's plenty of examples of turf wars in Britain down the years - football hooliganism, mods v rockers, etc, all over a bit of identity. And the shooting in Liverpool in 2007 of Rhys Jones which was all about an innocent young kid caught in the crossfire of a turf war between two estates, Norris Green and Croxteth Park. All the guilty are white Christians involved in a turf war.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Rhys_Jones

Very good point, but the far left will label you fascist/racist/edl/bnp.

..and there's that persecution complex again-most often seen in fascists/racists/EDL and BNP supporters ;):hihi:

Ps: stevie there's some irony in you complaining about those who disagree with your view as the 'far left', when they make equally crass generalisations as you describe.

To be fair these are not even real turf wars, they are bunches of kids fighting over 2pac dvd,s and weed, there are no real organised gangs, just some mates sticking together.

I agree AJ, I was merely using the same language that other previous posters were.

I agree AJ, I was merely using the same language that other previous posters were.

Its all scaremongering, I know most of the parents of these kids who claim to be the S5 gang and they couldn't organise a shooting on a shooting range.

They are just immature kids with big mouths who have been brought up badly and think they are above the law, yes they have a few numbers but nothing that cannot be sorted.

If Aborigines & Native American Indians, can be classed as the indigenous peoples of their lands - why cannot also those in the UK, who are of Celtic, Anglo-Saxon, Nordic origins?

Has anyone said they can't?

The difficulty arises when people of those origins seek to claim that you have to be 100% Celtic, Anglo-Saxon or Nordic to describe yourself as 'indigenous', and we know that very, few people in modern Britain satisfy that criteria, having a few dark skeletons in the cupboard.

Just as an example, my mixed race children are of Celtic origins, more so than they are African, yet they would be described as 'black', my 'white', blue eyed nephews and nieces have a black grandparent. they would all fail the BNP indigenous test.

Edited by boyfriday
changed to grandparent

If Aborigines & Native American Indians, can be classed as the indigenous peoples of their lands - why cannot also those in the UK, who are of Celtic, Anglo-Saxon, Nordic origins?

Celts were displaced by the Romans. Anglo-Saxons and Nordics were settlers from overseas who came later. So if you count Anglo-Saxons and Nordics as indigenous you'd have to nclude every other settler from overseas - Norman, Roman, Huguenot, Somali, etc.

I'm 100% Viking myself. My surname is Old Norse. So according to your rules I'm indigenous but I know I descend from Viking foreigners.