Where to sell engagement ring

The cost of

Edited by FACEBOOK

Like I said, it should be as a matter of integrity not legality.

And selling out your fellow man, NOT COOL bro!

I of course am sorry the OP is going through a divorce.

not being funny love, but the OP wasnt after your thoughts and opinions of her selling the ring! she is after places in sheffield, UK, Where she can go to sell the ring. Im assuming with you being from Dallas that either your not from Sheffield (don't know why you'd be on this forum if thats the case)or haven't lived in Sheffield for a while. So I think u've clearly over stepped the line with your remarks and i don't see how/why you would need to put cold and very unneccessary comments on this thread for the OP to see. "NOT COOL bro!"

Im sure theres still a jewelry pawn place just down from peace gardens although not sure if they would be any good.

Im sure theres

Edited by FACEBOOK

If her divorce was so painful, I very much doubt she would come on the Sheffield Forum to tell the world about it, she would just say,

where to sell a diamond ring or whatever.

On public forums, people post comments, good and bad, so if you're currently going through a difficult situation that you would rather not receive any opposing views on, probably best to hold back specific information.

My comments are not cold, I've expressed good wishes to the OP.

You are an absolute douche.

People have courtesies, and sensitivities. Do you go chasing people whom shared such bad news with you to let you judge them this way, if it was in real life ? No. Also, I do not understand why the integrity and the reputation of the OP is also being judged here.

It is not your place to JUDGE! The poor woman came online asking for advice. Either give advice, or keep schtum. Your responses really drummed up some anger in me. Cos it is such bad form what you wrote here.

I hope the OP is okay and was not upset by what is written here online, cos of some nasty people.

It is so true when people used to say:

"Laugh, you laugh together, cry, you cry alone."

I just hope that the OP have some kind of shoulder to cry on, and support from family and friends around her.

At the moment, many jewellers who buy second-hand jewellery( such as Herbert Brown who also do Pawnbroking) are either not buying, currently, or only paying the scrap-weight price for the gold, saying that there isn't the market for the stones.

The cost of the engagement ring becomes very relevant for higher value rings. My point addresses the outcome of all engagement rings in general once a marriage has broken down. And you are wrong, it becomes more offensive to the male the lower the value of the ring as it's almost vulture like behaviour. Not like she needs half the value, just that she feels entitled to it when she could just let him have it back either for sentimental reasons or to help assist him when purchasing his next inevitable purchase.

Not only might she feel entitled to it, in every way she is entitled to it as it's her ring!

I'm fully aware how gifts work, but engagement rings are not normal gifts, as proven by the OP, why does she consider to split the proceeds if it's just a normal gift gone forever. Because it's not a normal gift. I leave this thread with a 2 very final pieces of advice:

The OP is going above and beyond what is required from an ethical or legal standpoint. It may not be a normal gift, but it is still a gift and we've already established how gifts work.

Never spend more than £100 on an engagement ring as it is the only item you can't include in a future prenup for obvious reasons. It would probably spoil the surprise if you asked your partner to sign a contract regarding your pending proposal :D

You said you were single right. I'm not honestly surprised.

When getting married, always get a prenup no matter how insignificant your financial status.

that is all.

A document that means practically nothing in the UK.

I think congratulations are in order. It's been quite a while since someone has, single handedly, made themselves look such a pillock on a thread.

My husband and I recently sperated and we are looking to sell my engagement ring. It cost £1300 when bought 9 years ago although i know we won't get that much for it. Where is the best places to go & sell it?

If you don't get offered a fair price at any of the previous suggestions try an auction house and put a reserve on it. Often dealers buy from there but my mum has bought second hand rings from there for herself and sometimes they go for reasonable money. I can't rememebr the name of the auction house but I could look it up if you are interested. Its in Thurcroft, Rotherham. Its not that far from Sheffield city centre by car.

You might get more value by paying to have it made into a pendant to put on a necklace.

Is this guy for real! A man buys an engagement ring and then should expect it back if the relationship ends AFTER marriage so he can pass onto the next girlfriend!!??? WOW

An enagagement ring is probably one of the most personel pieces of jewellery a man can buy for someone he wishes to be his wife, normally picked with her and ONLY her in mind as a symbol of his love and intentions to stay with her the rest of their lifes!! The ring belongs to her!

Should the marriage end, upon leaving you would not find many men that would stick out his hand and request the ring back, not only is relationship breakdown hurtfull enough but to whip away something that symbolises happy memories is absolutely disgusting.

These two seem extremely amicable and mature in the fact they have BOTH decided to sell the ring.

You my friend are a complete and utter a**

Guy GOLD BULLION on London road give good prices, I wish you both luck x