Where to sell engagement ring

magpieway

I haven't misunderstood anything. The legality of such a sensitive issue shouldn't come into it. Any female with even an ounce of integrity would simply hand back the ring she paid NOTHING towards and not even think about profiting. IT IS a sad day for women as it exposes their rather dark true colours. Shame.

That is all.

You're not also posting under the name of love_rat on here are you?

Once again, I agree, there should be no legal right or expectation. An engagement ring is different to all other other gifts as it is a symbol of marriage and forever love. Once a relationship has broken down, an engagement ring that was once held by a man with such love, pride and hope for the future during proposal to now be so easily discarded by the woman for financial gain in itself shows her true colours. Remember, in this instance, both parties are not exchanging gifts, just the man is giving, usually at great financial expense, he received nothing. It's not like at christmas where presents are exchanged.

The fact that they are going to split the monies between them shows more about her true colours as far as I can see.

To suggest that she might have invested 9 years of her life in a relationship in order to get a £500 is patently ridiculous and probably offensive.

To liken an expensive engagement ring to other general christmas and birthday presents is silly. In the future, when the women gets engaged again, she will be given ANOTHER FREE RING, and the man will have to buy another expensive ring if he wants to do the same. I understand that some people don't get this, with the irony being that they are usually the ones that get divorced.

There isn't anything to get, that's just the way gifts work, if you give them away, they're gone for good.

Like I said, it should be as a matter of integrity not legality.

And selling out your fellow man, NOT COOL bro!

I of course am sorry the OP is going through a divorce.

not being funny love, but the OP wasnt after your thoughts and opinions of her selling the ring! she is after places in sheffield, UK, Where she can go to sell the ring. Im assuming with you being from Dallas that either your not from Sheffield (don't know why you'd be on this forum if thats the case)or haven't lived in Sheffield for a while. So I think u've clearly over stepped the line with your remarks and i don't see how/why you would need to put cold and very unneccessary comments on this thread for the OP to see. "NOT COOL bro!"

Im sure theres still a jewelry pawn place just down from peace gardens although not sure if they would be any good.

If her divorce was so painful, I very much doubt she would come on the Sheffield Forum to tell the world about it, she would just say,

where to sell a diamond ring or whatever.

On public forums, people post comments, good and bad, so if you're currently going through a difficult situation that you would rather not receive any opposing views on, probably best to hold back specific information.

My comments are not cold, I've expressed good wishes to the OP.

You are an absolute douche.

People have courtesies, and sensitivities. Do you go chasing people whom shared such bad news with you to let you judge them this way, if it was in real life ? No. Also, I do not understand why the integrity and the reputation of the OP is also being judged here.

It is not your place to JUDGE! The poor woman came online asking for advice. Either give advice, or keep schtum. Your responses really drummed up some anger in me. Cos it is such bad form what you wrote here.

I hope the OP is okay and was not upset by what is written here online, cos of some nasty people.

It is so true when people used to say:

"Laugh, you laugh together, cry, you cry alone."

I just hope that the OP have some kind of shoulder to cry on, and support from family and friends around her.