Where to sell engagement ring

magpieway

Maybe he has. His bad behaviour would not give her any justification for behaving equally badly.

The ring isn't hers to sell, unless she bought it with her own money in the first place.

Yes it is. It was given to her as a gift - she can do what she likes with it.

If your husband bought if for you, then is it not his ring to sell?

You GOLDDIGGERS get on my nerves! At least let him keep it so that he can give it to his next wife.

Have you noticed that it says *we* want to sell the ring? No, thought not, but don't let that get in the way of your ill-informed rant.

I wouldn't sell it, as you'd never get the true price back - take the diamond and use it in a new piece of jewelery... If I had to sell a diamond due to need of the cash I'd take it to the UK Bullion store on Ecclesall Rd and see what the price is that day...

For the fools who misunderstand ownership of a engagement ring, such a ring is given in anticipation of marriage, and if that marriage does not take place, the ring should be returned to the person who purchased the ring... Once the marriage has taken place, as in this situation, ownership is transfered to the person to whom it was given... I realise that some people may lack knowledge in this area, but best not to share your ignorance in public, eh?

It's an engagement ring, poor bloke gave it in good faith and now this golddigger wants to make a profit. The right and moral thing to do would be to return it to the purchaser so he can afford another shot at love. While she's at it, maybe she would like to sell his happy memories too? This is a sad day for women.

He gave it to her, and she married him! Now 9 years on, the two of em want to sell it, as they are probably selling and spliting profits of all their belongings that were once shared... It's a sad day for the two whose marriage didn't work out - noone else...

Have you misunderstood the OP? Did you misread and think that this is a broken engagement? It's the end of their marraige - not a good thing for either party...

I haven't misunderstood anything. The legality of such a sensitive issue shouldn't come into it. Any female with even an ounce of integrity would simply hand back the ring she paid NOTHING towards and not even think about profiting. IT IS a sad day for women as it exposes their rather dark true colours. Shame.

That is all.

I would only hand back the ring if -I- broke up with my partner. If he broke up with me, its mine to keep. If we both paid for the ring, I would expect to get back as much as I paid in for it or at least the same percent if the value of the ring has depreciated.

As the OP stated its a joint decision to sell the ring on, as it appears theyre being adults and splitting the sale between the two of them.

I haven't misunderstood anything. The legality of such a sensitive issue shouldn't come into it. Any female with even an ounce of integrity would simply hand back the ring she paid NOTHING towards and not even think about profiting. IT IS a sad day for women as it exposes their rather dark true colours. Shame.

That is all.

It'd be a even sadder day for a man to use his ex wifes wedding jewellery for a new girlfriend! That'd guarantee him a long, lonely life...

This isn't a appropriate thread for us to be joking about on though - so I'm out...