Where to sell engagement ring

magpieway

It's an engagement ring, poor bloke gave it in good faith and now this golddigger wants to make a profit. The right and moral thing to do would be to return it to the purchaser so he can afford another shot at love. While she's at it, maybe she would like to sell his happy memories too? This is a sad day for women.

Oh be quiet...

It's an engagement ring, I've never heard of the female paying for half the cost of an engagement ring as I would imagine this would take the romance and surprise out of it when proposing and proudly holding aloft said ring.

She wants half of the sell price for a token of forever love that once was and now clearly just wants to profit. Typical woman. Wonder what else he will lose in the divorce. A sad situation. Let this be a lesson good men of Sheffield, never get married!

What do you care about men in a city, in a country, where you are not? Who is to say that the man and woman in the OP are in Sheffield?

Mods - Several posts need deleting now, and unless the OP returns for further advice, might be an idea to close the thread? Not nice to troll on a sad thread like this...

If your husband bought if for you, then is it not his ring to sell?

You GOLDDIGGERS get on my nerves! At least let him keep it so that he can give it to his next wife.

The funny thing about giving something to someone, is that it becomes there property at that time.

Yes mods, please delete posts in a thread where people have a difference of opinion. That would be wise.

It's not a difference of opinion - you are just trolling and it's not very appropriate to be jokey etc or just plain abusive (re the OP and her intent to sell the ring with her ex) when divorce isn't really that fun...

I've no idea why you'd think such a thing. A gift is given with no expectation or right that it will be ever returned, that includes if a relationship breaks down.

What next, you expect them to return each others xmas and birthday gifts for the past 9 years?