Trouble on London Road

Mishy

Well, I have heard of an asian man who broke both his ankles jumping from a flat (what i call Washington Rd flats) and managing to crawl to someone elses flat to get away from those after him. Apparently he had slept with another woman or was going with another woman whilst he was with someone else (may have been married) and other asian guys went after him. I wouldn't at all walk through 'Washington Rd' flats at night if you can help it and even the milkman doesn't deliver there anymore for fear of being mugged or assaulted for his cash. I remember as a little kid these flats being built and used to deliver papers on there, but it is a dam shame the flats have become a kind of no go area at night. :(

No, I wouldn't walk through those flats at night either, I did it 20 years ago and was punched by a member of the BBC because he thought I was someone else. Some things never change.

My parents always warned me to stay away from those flats, back in the 80's there was a big NF following in those flats and it was something of a no-go area at night then.

My parents always warned me to stay away from those flats, back in the 80's there was a big NF following in those flats and it was something of a no-go area at night then.

I grew up on Landsdowne flats and there's never been an NF following on there

London Road has long had the propensity to be a very rough area, it used to be white Sheffield sparring land, it has now gone totally multicultural, these days you can be beaten up, stabbed or shot by folk from sevaral ethnic groups.

It has far superior eating houses than Ecclesall Road, unfortunately it's not the place for a pre/post meal stroll. It's a great shame, there is great potential, unfortunately it is a police free zone.

I live off London Road and the last few nights have been more noisy than usual with people shouting and what sounds like gunshots but is more likely to be fire crackers (I hope!)

Was it fire crackers? I live on the bottom of Vincent road and I couldn't sleep last night, those things going off for ages. I obviously thought it was gunshots and worried myself sick.