Trouble on London Road

Mishy

I think that noise is a car that is seriously backfiring as i heard it twice last night after (10pm), when i was near Chippinghouse Rd and then about 10 mins later when I had walked on to London Rd at the bottom of Sharrow Lne. And tonight I heard it again close to Abbeydale Rd/ Chippinghouse Rd area (again after 10pm). I may be wrong, but I do think it's someone in a car that is badly backfiring.

Who, the person, or the car? :hihi:

I live off London Road and the last few nights have been more noisy than usual with people shouting and what sounds like gunshots but is more likely to be fire crackers (I hope!)

drove down london road a couple of hours ago ,someone threw something that made a really loud bang little did they know the police were pulling out of the junction and saw them .

I have lived in the flats on Washington Road since March. I often walk through the flats around midnight after going to the gym and can honestly say in the last 6 months have never seen anyone around that time of night, even when I have seen people hanging around earlier I have never felt threatened at all.

drove down london road a couple of hours ago ,someone threw something that made a really loud bang little did they know the police were pulling out of the junction and saw them .

I'm glad cos some of those bangs were really loud and sounded very powerful and dangerous. If they are fireworks or something, they must be illegal ... more like mini bombs!

I lived on London road for quite a while and you all make out to sound like its Beirut.

'stay indoors at night', 'avoid this area', 'gunfire', 'organised fighting', 'asian & somalian gangs roaming'.JC!

well, it sounded like beirut t'uther night and u have to have ya wits about ya when ya coverin that area at night believe me

Why do people always say "it's like Beirut" if there's the slightest bit of trouble somewhere? The war there ended over 20 years ago and since then there's only been trouble when Israel bombed it. In 2009 the New York Times said it was the best place in the world to visit. No one ever said that about London Road. People only say "it's like Beirut" if it's about something trivial. When the suicide bombers hit London 6 years ago no one said "it's like Beirut" when it was the one time somewhere in this country actually was like Beirut had been in the 80s. As soon as things quietened down again and a dog started barking I bet someone said "that dog, it's just like Beirut".