Clarification Of Junction 33 - M1

But the markings are my point, if you follow the left hand lane marking from the slip road you go down rother way. If you follow the lane markings from the right lane to you go down rother way or around the round about.

So if you do go in the left lane and cut accross to go around the roundabout you are potentially cutting people up who are using the right lane to go in the second lane on rother way.

If that makes sense?

For a major roundabout in Sheffield it has really poor markings on this entrance.

Sorry Bonjon, are you trying to say you use the right hand lane to go down Rotherway. If so why would you want to do this?

Sorry Bonjon, are you trying to say you use the right hand lane to go down Rotherway. If so why would you want to do this?

The right lane marking split the lane giving the option to go on the 1st exit or around the roundabout.

The last thing you'll want to see in that situation is someone in the left lane proceeding to the 3rd exit.

Why am I cutting across people. I am in the correct lane. Perhaps you should get of your backside and have a look at the junction before you pass comment.

Ok calm down fella, I opened my post by suggesting I wasn't reading your post correctly, nothing to lose your false teeth over! Edited by boyfriday

SnailyBoy.

I am not discussing lane markings, just saying you can use the left lane to drive round to the Parkway without cutting anybody up, cause them to swerve, get in their way or cause inconvenience to anyone.

What is wrong with that?

How can you be in the left hand lane intending to turn right at a roundabout that has exits prior to the final one?

Someone in the right hand lane could exit at the second exit and encounter you going round the roundabout. Egg on face perhaps?

I am not discussing lane markings, just saying you can use the left lane to drive round to the Parkway without cutting anybody up, cause them to swerve, get in their way or cause inconvenience to anyone.

You can drive down the wrong side of the motorway and not hit anyone if there's no one on it, it doesn't make it right.

In your example above, there are two ways you can cut people up or potentially cause accidents, both of which would be your fault should they occur.