Clarification Of Junction 33 - M1

Numpties going South who have just come up the exit from the southbound carriageway?

The link in the OP is of the slip road exiting the motorway from the south bound carriageway... Why would you then go south?

I've done that many times, come off a motorway at the wrong junction and had to immediately rejoin it, but then I guess I could be described as a 'numpty'.

I might be reading your post wrong, but if you're in the left hand lane taking the 3rd exit on the roundabout, aren't you the 'numpty' cutting across people going straight on to join the M1 South?

Why am I cutting across people. I am in the correct lane. Perhaps you should get of your backside and have a look at the junction before you pass comment.

Magilla, how long you been driving? Serious question

Yes.

You're right, the left lane and the roundabout markings clearly show that the left lane is only for turning left.

I use this junction every day, and I too see people deliberately getting in the left lane to turn right. Have seen quite a few nearly get wiped out, or having to block the left hand lane because they can't get over to the right because it's full.

Still if there is an accident, there won't be much argument about who's fault it was.

I thought so, the reason I asked was because yesterday I almost got wiped out by someone cutting accross from the left, when I beeped the guy got incited with roadrage.

Why am I cutting across people. I am in the correct lane.

For going onto the M1 South, yes you are. No one who is going to Sheffield should be in the left hand lane until they're beyond the junction for the M1 South.

Perhaps you should get of your backside and have a look at the junction before you pass comment.

How many lanes are there on the slip road for M1 South? There's the clue, it ain't rocket science.

Long enough to be able to read road markings correctly it would seem.

Edited by Magilla

Why am I cutting across people. I am in the correct lane. Perhaps you should get of your backside and have a look at the junction before you pass comment.

Left hand lane, leaving at 3rd exit.

You need to revisit the Highway Code

when you are at this roundabout is the left lane on the slip road for going left only? And the right lane for going round the roundabout?

The reason I ask is I often see many people go up the left lane of the slip road(usually empty) and then carry on going around the roadabout. To me the floor marking suggest the left lane is for going left only?

I'd also agree that the left lane is for going onto Rotherway or back onto the motorway.

But so many people are in the outer lane to get onto the parkway that people do use the left lane. On busy days you might be waiting for 2 or 3 light changes to get through, whereas if you go in the inside lane you're through in 1 or 2.

It really needs a third lane, so lane 1 is for Rotherway only and lanes 2 and 3 take you into lanes 1 and 2 of the Parkway. Many other motorways do this.

Left hand lane, leaving at 3rd exit does not mean you have to cut across any lane, cut anyone up or cause inconvenience to any driver in the right hand lane or indeed block anyone wanting to get onto Rotherway. Have a look, try it and then comment.

Should I be in the left lane and cut across to the right lane then yes it is wrong.