What the chuffin ell were that ?

I also heard a loud explosion in Wincobank. And was there something else around 2:30am? I was just dropping off to sleep when something vibrated my house for about a second. I thought it was a minor earthquake tremor.

I'd heard that Nick Clegg had passed a jar of Vaseline to David Cameron, and the bang was the seal cracking.

According to a few people i know who live at Wincobank it was the tower at Arthur Lees.

I heard it too at Wincobank, very loud, nearly hit the ceiling scared the crap out of me. Wasn't like a big booming noise, more a bang followed by a strange whoosh.

we heard this in parson cross so it seems to have been heard over most of sheffield anyone know what it was yet

we heard this in parson cross so it seems to have been heard over most of sheffield anyone know what it was yet

i never heard a thing, i always miss this sort of stuff :hihi:

anyone know what it was yet?

so far it could be a comet or a taliban blowing up.

We heard it too at Winkobank. sounded off in the distance but still kind of rumbled the walls. The fella jumped up and peered out the window expecting to see flames or smoke but alas, no explanation.

We heard this too lower wincobank I thought the gas holder at meadowhall had gone up can't understand how no-one knows what it was it was a huge noise.

There's no other explanation for it. It must have been aliens.

There's no other explanation for it. It must have been aliens.

i do keep telling people "those things are not chinese lanterns" but they remain ignorant to the truth.

I heard it up here at Manor Top; sounded like fireworks to me. Odd that you heard it on the other side of the city :)

Manor and wincobank/ southey are only on the other sides of the valley from each other, so it's not so odd that both areas might have heard the same thing.

When the maisonettes were still up, at Pitsmoor road, back in the 1970's there was a gas explosion in one of the flats there. The noise woke my grandmother up, in her flat at Martin Street.

When I had my house at Manor top, we could see down to Meadowhall, and Don Valley Stadium/ bowl, and we could plainly hear the concerts and fireworks that they had there.