Man with cancer thrown out of pub for refusing to take off hat.

Good, you missed the key paragraph - the only reason this is remotely news worthy

No doubt someone will come on here pretending to be the landlady and will attempt to defend herself.

Either that or one of the feral clientele.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Cancer-man-thrown-out-of.6021730.jp

This pub and it's Landlady do seem to attract a lot of negative publicity on this forum.

There is already a large thread on SF about the attitude of staff at the sherwood at frecheville.

This incident is particularly disturbing.

Since when have hats been offensive anyway?

i agree whats offensive about a hat?. wish i had been there id have had to say something. :(

The pub manager has apologised, but I don't understand how the ban on wearing a cap or hat "ensures our customers enjoy a warm and friendly environment." :confused:

Nobody from the pub has apologised.

The area manager has. Only because he probably had to.

I would be looking for a more direct apology from someone within said establishment.

The pub manager has apologised, but I don't understand how the ban on wearing a cap or hat "ensures our customers enjoy a warm and friendly environment." :confused:

I think it's the 'baseball cap syndrome' - apparently anyone wearing one of these is going to cause trouble !

To be right - up until a few years ago it was deemed bad manners for a man not to take his hat off when going indoors.

I suspect the ban on hats will have something to do with the perceived 'Chav' or football hooligan brigade and by banning hats, you will therefore stop chavs/ footie boys drinking in pubs ergo no violence etc.

However, there does seem to be a few holes in such a policy, mainly that the hat does not possess super powers that once taken off the head that hat will remove from the wearer the urge and ability to want to fight after being served with 10 pints of stella in said pub...

Edited by Tripitaka