Man with cancer thrown out of pub for refusing to take off hat.

She's a stickler for rules. No hats MEANS no hats.

It was pouring it down with rain last easter and she made all the kids have the easter bonnet competition in the car park.

Is that a joke or did that really happen?

She is a proper busy body, I was there for a funeral wake and went outside for a smoke, bearing in mind i was walking around the car park, about 20 yards away from the doors, she came outside and stood there arms outstretched like a demented air hostess and shouted" will you please use the designated smoking areas provided please". er no i wont im 20 yards away from the pub go away please.

There is a lot of talk on this thread about how awful she is.

Have any of you ever put your money where your mouth is and actually written to Greene King (or whoever the leaseholder is) to complain about her?

I have never been in so I am not in a position to.

I wonder though, if pubs/other places that ban hats, would tell a jewish man or a sikh to take off their religious hats? (not sure of the proper term, but they are basically hats arent they) Would they tell a muslim woman to remover her headscarf? (I know a muslim woman is probably unlikely to be in a pub, but they could go in for a soft drink if they wanted)

If religious hats are permitted (and I mean in other "no hat" establishments as well as this one) than why is other headgear so bad?