Good news for Sheffield Arena

one thing is for sure, ticket prices need to come down a peg or two, prices are crazy for any family to pay

It's not normally the Arena that will set prices, it's the promoters. For music events this is normally LiveNation. They charge what they think people will pay and if people do pay, why change?

i thought you were going to say something good like rotherham united have p1$$ed off!

tell me 5 reasons why leeds warrants censoring and sheffield doesn't then :hihi:

Only 5 Reasons?

L – Lonely – that’s what you’ll be when you join the ‘I love L**ds’ society

E – Excrement – currently piling up in the streets of L**ds

E – Every other story on Look North….is about L**ds

D – David Batty – worst thing to happen to English football since Geoff Thomas

S – Sad...because they can’t get the Government to pay for their arena (ha ha ha)

Over to you…

Only 5 Reasons?

L – Lonely – that’s what you’ll be when you join the ‘I love L**ds’ society

E – Excrement – currently piling up in the streets of L**ds

E – Every other story on Look North….is about L**ds

D – David Batty – worst thing to happen to English football since Geoff Thomas

S – Sad...because they can’t get the Government to pay for their arena (ha ha ha)

Over to you…

1. ever lived in leeds to comment? i have, enjoyed it, spent 8 years there.

2. really? never seen any excrement. surely you aren't stupid enough to mistake refuse for excrement? something that has nothing to with the city of leeds itself.

3. whats your point? you said you aren't jealous, so why are you bothered what is on look north?

4. the same david batty who has featured in various charity soccer matches and advertising campaigns for cancer research? let me see, what about a famous sportsman from sheffield hmm. how about clinton woods? here's a nice quote: "The Yorkshireman admits at one time he would fight inside bars and outside seedy nightclubs, fuelled by booze and amphetamines" but its OK, because he's from sheffield.

5. leeds won't have to rely on the government, they will manage just fine and i'm sure you won't have to wait long to get irate when the arena is built :hihi:

1. ever lived in leeds to comment? i have, enjoyed it, spent 8 years there.

2. really? never seen any excrement. surely you aren't stupid enough to mistake refuse for excrement? something that has nothing to with the city of leeds itself.

3. whats your point? you said you aren't jealous, so why are you bothered what is on look north?

4. the same david batty who has featured in various charity soccer matches and advertising campaigns for cancer research? let me see, what about a famous sportsman from sheffield hmm. how about clinton woods? here's a nice quote: "The Yorkshireman admits at one time he would fight inside bars and outside seedy nightclubs, fuelled by booze and amphetamines" but its OK, because he's from sheffield.

5. leeds won't have to rely on the government, they will manage just fine and i'm sure you won't have to wait long to get irate when the arena is built :hihi:

did they pay you extra for cuttin the grass up there?:rolleyes:

1. ever lived in leeds to comment? i have, enjoyed it, spent 8 years there. Live there, are you joking? It's bad enough I have to visit that god awful place for work, if I had to live there I would most likely top myself.

2. really? never seen any excrement. surely you aren't stupid enough to mistake refuse for excrement? something that has nothing to with the city of leeds itself. Stick around, you'll see plenty. Mostly of the rodent variety from all the rats living on the trash, but then being from L**ds you'll be used to it...

3. whats your point? you said you aren't jealous, so why are you bothered what is on look north? Bothered?Moi? Nah, just be nice to see the local tv stations show a bit of balance - but then lets look at where they're based..

4. the same david batty who has featured in various charity soccer matches and advertising campaigns for cancer research? let me see, what about a famous sportsman from sheffield hmm. how about clinton woods? here's a nice quote: "The Yorkshireman admits at one time he would fight inside bars and outside seedy nightclubs, fuelled by booze and amphetamines" but its OK, because he's from sheffield. Really struggling for an argument now arent you? Very poor..

5. leeds won't have to rely on the government, they will manage just fine and i'm sure you won't have to wait long to get irate when the arena is built :hihi:Ah but they did have to rely on the government - or else they would have built one by now, surely?

So despite constantly asking you, you STILL can't come up with 5 reasons why I should be jealous of the fair city of L**ds? I mean, if L**ds was in someway like, oh I dont know, Milan or New York, you might have a point but c'mon L**ds? You Serious?

Instead you just fall back on insults and giggly smilies. I'm sure the people of L**ds would be very proud knowing they have such a masterful debater in their corner..

The sheer childishness of both sides of this argument is really quite depressing.

Leeds actually has no sizeable music venues - it is probably the worst city in the country for live music.

An arena is probably inappropriate for Leeds as there are many in the area that the big artists now bypass already and just seem to do London , Birmingham , Manchester and Glasgow. Sheffield and Nottingham arena's tend to miss out.

There is more of a case for Leeds to have a "city hall" type venue housing around 3 to 4 thousand which would accomodate far more bands than an arena would as not many groups/artists are around that can fill arena's.

If Leeds is to becoma a credible alternative to Sheffield for live music then it has to expand to the middle ground first.

So despite constantly asking you, you STILL can't come up with 5 reasons why I should be jealous of the fair city of L**ds? I mean, if L**ds was in someway like, oh I dont know, Milan or New York, you might have a point but c'mon L**ds? You Serious?

Instead you just fall back on insults and giggly smilies. I'm sure the people of L**ds would be very proud knowing they have such a masterful debater in their corner..

shopping

entertainment

champion sports sides

night life

architecture

there you go!

i was really amused by your amazing reply to the clinton woods point too :hihi:

shopping

entertainment

champion sports sides

night life

architecture

there you go!

i was really amused by your amazing reply to the clinton woods point too :hihi:

Glory be! An answer!

Ok -

1/ Not much of a fan of shopping. Period. The last time I was in L**ds for non-business related reasons, the only thing that really stood out was the victorian quarter thing (which is where every Vox Pop on tv is filmed, giving the false impression that the whole of L**ds town centre is like that when in fact it's the size of a handkerchief). Once you got out of that tiny area, the town centre strikes me as being like every other town centre in every big town/city in the UK - generic and boring (and before you ask, yes I am including Sheffield). So jealous of the shopping in L**ds? Nope.

2/Entertainment? The entertainment that's so good they need an arena (and they also need the government to stump up the cash for it)?

3/Champion sport sides (snigger). I take it you mean the rugby league thing? You can keep that. I'm really not much of a fan of minority sports. RL might make Harry Gration moist, but to everyone else it's just a waste of open effort (You can't possibly be referring to your league 1 football team, can you? In case you havent noticed, BOTH Sheffield clubs are above the mighty Peacocks. As is the football club of Barnsley. And Doncaster). Jealous of the sports sides? Again, no...

4/Night life - from what I hear, having never been out in L**ds on a night out, it does indeed have the edge over Sheffield, so on this I'll concede. But as I'm not one for night clubs and city centre drinking, why would it bother me?

5/ Architecture - well, you see Sheffield suffered at the hands of the Luftwaffe during WW2 on account of us being an industrial city. I'm sure if Goering wanted to strike a blow against the cotton trade or whatever the hell the trade of L**ds was at the time, it would have suffered the same fate. So much of our architecture was sacrificed for victory. Architecturally, L**ds has nothing spectacular of note. Some nice bits here and there, but it's hardly Florence, is it?

As for the Clinton Woods thing, what of it? I was talking about David Batty's 'skill' on the football field, no one mentioned their personal life until you brought it up, so why should I comment?

why i think leeds should have one sheffield got money to it

If its on then pay kittens but Leeds arena Honeyjoy and purimost todart but toms other than that.:loopy: