Good news for Sheffield Arena

It looks as though Yorkshire forward have been overruled and common sense has prevailed with regards to the proposed Leeds Arena.

The government has refused to approve the Leeds scheme meaning no public money will be used to fund a rival to Sheffield.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/8300517.stm

Great. That will allow Sheffield Arena to maintain its high prices and extortionate booking charges.

proper cringe at sheffielders blatant inferiority complex. alchresearch is spot on, bands would rather go to leeds and with good reason too. leeds has been crying out for it for years and will get the arena soon.

i don't see how people can get upset that the 3rd biggest city in the whole of England is getting a half decent music venue. tough.

Re-read my post. Nobody's getting upset at L**ds getting an arena (Frankly, I'm surprised there hasent been one built already - and it would give the good folk of L**ds somewhere to dump their **** rather, than pile it in the open sewers that are their streets, as they are doing at the minute).

The problem is with the funding and it's origins.

Re-read my post. Nobody's getting upset at L**ds getting an arena (Frankly, I'm surprised there hasent been one built already - and it would give the good folk of L**ds somewhere to dump their **** rather, than pile it in the open sewers that are their streets, as they are doing at the minute).

The problem is with the funding and it's origins.

yet you feel the need to censor LEEDS like a little 11 year old :hihi::hihi::hihi:

your jealousy of leeds is duly noted.

If the Sheffield MPS had not but there noses in about it i dont think nothing would have been said what the hells it got to do with them they want to get Sheffield moving forward 1st Clive Betts was on Sheffield City Council when he and others made a mess of the student games Sheffield is still paying for them so i think LEEDS will get the ARENA and i hope they do :o

proper cringe at sheffielders blatant inferiority complex. alchresearch is spot on, bands would rather go to leeds and with good reason too. leeds has been crying out for it for years and will get the arena soon.

i don't see how people can get upset that the 3rd biggest city in the whole of England is getting a half decent music venue. tough.

Erm..... Manchester is the third biggest city , Sheffield is the fourth. Don't know where Leeds is prob sixth or seventh behind Liverpool , Bristol etc.

It's up to the management of Sheffield Arena to attract acts and Sheffield City council to attract visitors to our region. An arena 35 miles away shouldn't really have a detrimental effect. In fact it could make our arena more attractive as bands could sell out venues quite close to each other, a 'critical mass' effect