School uniform rules gone mad!!

The whole school is a joke! My son was always hassled for his black trainers because they had a white nike tick on the heel( his trousers covered it).

Colour the tick in with a black permanent marker - problem solved.

This school eas a joke before it changed to Forge Valley, my sons friend goes there and all they are bothered about is the way they dress and not how they are taught.

This school eas a joke before it changed to Forge Valley, my sons friend goes there and all they are bothered about is the way they dress and not how they are taught.

It appears that is also the reality of some of the parents. If parents are bothered about education send the kids to school dressed correctly,that way it's a non issue.

willman - I agree some parents are to blame for not providing the correct uniform but when it comes to the wrong colour grey that is just stupid especially when the school tells you which supplier to use and you buy them from there.

How do you know this?

Thats typical teenagers,more concerned with fashion than facts and fractions.:hihi:

my school used to send me home for not having the right shoes and i live at the other end of sheffield so by the time i when home to get some different ones school was over what does it matter what you wear as long as you listen in class i think school uniforms are stupid because it tells people from diffrent school what school your from so they target you just because of what school your in

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 16:29 ----------

Colour the tick in with a black permanent marker - problem solved.

why sould we have to colour our childrens shoes in we paid good money for it only a little white tick

my school used to send me home for not having the right shoes and i live at the other end of sheffield so by the time i when home to get some different ones school was over what does it matter what you wear as long as you listen in class i think school uniforms are stupid because it tells people from diffrent school what school your from so they target you just because of what school your in

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 16:29 ----------

why sould we have to colour our childrens shoes in we paid good money for it only a little white tick

Its not a little white tick its a fashion statement and advertising the manufacturer. as far as I am aware these are trainers not shoes. The uniform is to make everyone look equal and give a sense of collective identity, but this only works if everyone has the same quality garments

Its not a little white tick its a fashion statement and advertising the manufacturer. as far as I am aware these are trainers not shoes. The uniform is to make everyone look equal and give a sense of collective identity, but this only works if everyone has the same quality garments

yes i can understand where you are coming from but it also makes you a target to other school just because you are from a diffrent school they think you are different as a person and see you as an enamy

If everyone wears the same and branded items are not permitted, children from poorer families are less likely to get bullied because they don't have the latest designer gear.

Also the wearing of a uniform prepares children for working life, where they will probably have to follow a dress code.

I remember when I was at school (not that long ago :hihi: ) we all used to try to push the boundaries on the uniform rules sometimes, but if we were caught out we took the punishment (usually a yellow slip or detention), we didn't go complaining to the local newspaper.

I'm think jeg123's post about the white tick was tongue in cheek. At least I'm hoping it was!