School uniform rules gone mad!!

All Schools should bring back smartly dressed uniform, shirt and tie, trousers and shoes. Wearing a formal dress gets them in the right mind for the real world, when they leave school and enter the working class.

All Schools should bring back smartly dressed uniform, shirt and tie, trousers and shoes. Wearing a formal dress gets them in the right mind for the real world, when they leave school and enter the working class.

Well said mate, unfortunately there are too many woolly headed liberals that know all about their rights but nothing about their responsibilities.

Agreed. And on the plus side school uniforms are cost efficient when comapred to buying expensive designer branded clothing for school.

May 2012

If you ask me Schools should be laid back about uniform cause the pupils are there for learning, not for sending home if they haven't got the correct uniform, so they can't be learnt. Bull if you ask me! They used to be such a good School once upon a time, when uniform was so laid back.

May 2013

What a difference a year makes.

Edited by pottedplant
not sure was right

I don t get that either if they saw it as a problem sure they could have addressed it with the parents and given them a week or so to get new ones.Its bad that this results in losing a day at school, child going home alone to n empty house and possibly parents losing a days pay completely over the top.

Dont you think calling the star for that is a tad dramatic

Yeah, get fed up of all these stories with parents moaning about their kid being excluded. If they're not happy, they should take it up with the school not go bleating to the Star.

'Another brick in the Wall' It's all about training our kids to conform and obey, may be fine for the army, but education should be about teaching our kids to think for themselves.

We don't demand them for College or University so why only for 12 to 16 year olds - very strange. What right have one set of parents got, tell other parents what their children must wear

Uniforms are to give children the false illusion they are part of a flock and it stops the development of individual freedom.

Through habitual behaviour you start believing you are now part of a group. Your recognition of your own individuality disappears. This way all the children are trained to behave in a similar and pre programmed behaviour.

I dislike school uniform from an ideological viewpoint - but accept as choose to send children to school that has a dress code.

What would however help is of the rules were made clear and not changed eg small stud on trousers acceptable one season but not the next.

Uniforms are to give children the false illusion they are part of a flock and it stops the development of individual freedom.

Through habitual behaviour you start believing you are now part of a group. Your recognition of your own individuality disappears. This way all the children are trained to behave in a similar and pre programmed behaviour.

Hope that tin foil hat fits OK.

Just found out my 12 year old nephew has been sent home from school for wearing the wrong STYLE trousers. They are entirely black as requested but they dont have a pleat as requested.

His mum (who is at work) has contacted the school and apologised for what is a genuine mistake and been told he can go back into school for today but will be isolated from the other kids.

Now am I missing something here. this is a good kid who behaves himself and is doing well at school. who decides that it is ok to take him away from his work and his friends for something that is not his fault.

Even if it does contravine the uniform (albeit by accident) it still is not the childs fault. I'm so angry over this one. if I were his mum I think I'd be inclined to take this further

What I cannot understand is why he has to be isolated from the other kids. In case he infects them with the wrong trousers. :rant: