School uniform rules gone mad!!

Guest sibon
Oh my god they are the strictest Secondary in North of Sheffield for uniform, and always have been. The amount of complaints on this forum about that school, you wouldn't believe. Haha it's just a shame they aint strict on punishing naughty pupils!

What a joke!!

By naughty, do you mean those who won't stick to the rules?

By naughty, do you mean those who won't stick to the rules?

What are you getting at?

What are you getting at?

That you seem to be making a subjective assertion on what is or isn't a naughty pupil.

There is a theory that if you you let the little things go the children will presume that the school is relaxed about all the rules, and conversely if you clamp down on even the small things, the children of that school will recognise it's authority.

Guest sibon
What are you getting at?

I'm trying to get at the root of your apparent problem.

Care to answer the question, or are you just here to have a random moan?

That you seem to be making a subjective assertion on what is or isn't a naughty pupil.

There is a theory that if you you let the little things go the children will presume that the school is relaxed about all the rules, and conversely if you clamp down on even the small things, the children of that school will recognise it's authority.

Haven't Yewlands just had a whole new wardrobe of uniform, so why not provide the pupils with trousers aswell?

If you ask me Schools should be laid back about uniform cause the pupils are there for learning, not for sending home if they haven't got the correct uniform, so they can't be learnt. Bull if you ask me! They used to be such a good School once upon a time, when uniform was so laid back.

I'm trying to get at the root of your apparent problem.

Care to answer the question, or are you just here to have a random moan?

Well if a pupil has been naughty, what do you think he has done? Obviously broken some School rules which are much worser then bleeding uniform issues, but no they don't instead they focus on good pupils about uniform cause they seem to be scared to single out the naughty ones. :loopy:

What a joke of A HEAD this school has. On 14th Nov the school had a uniform inspection. My daughter told by the HEAD that her grey trousers not allowed and that she has to get trousers at the weekend, however the rest of the staff said the trouser ok. Apparently the head says they are jeans. Last time I checked jeans where made of Denim, these trousers are certainly not made of denim. The head should take a closer look at the girls who wear skirts which are more like belts. I'm sorry but Jimmy Saville would have a field day if he stood outside that school at kick out time

There's already been a thread on this topic. It involved shoes, trousers & skirts & I think it's been done to death. The concensus was that the skirt lengths are fine, but that some girls have rolled over the waistband to make the skirt as short as decently possible. If you do a search on Sheffield Discussions I'm sure you'll find it.

........ The head should take a closer look at the girls who wear skirts which are more like belts.............

It's a disgrace ....errrr just remind me of the address so that I can go and protest in the strongest possible terms

The whole school is a joke! My son was always hassled for his black trainers because they had a white nike tick on the heel( his trousers covered it). I was in the school for an appointment and nearly every girl i saw had ugg boots or decathalon pumps on and one lad had bright orange trainers on !

It's a disgrace ....errrr just remind me of the address so that I can go and protest in the strongest possible terms

Now then, now then, are you speaking from beyond the grave?