Some good news at last - Obama is back in front

Just to show you how biased Fox are they showed a focus group of supposedly undecided voters after the debate.

When asked who they thought won the debate about 90% put up their hands for Palin!

Fox also had a running TV vote on the screen 87% said they fought Palin had won with Biden only getting 13%!

Now switching back to a more sane channel CNN, they also did a focus group of undecided voters, out of about 40 undecided voters ,about 7 had now decided to vote Democrat, and one decided Rebublican with the rest still undecided.

CNN also did an after debate poll, when asked who people though had won Biden got 51% Palin got 37%.

I believe she was referring to Fidel Castro's brother, Raul, who is now the president of Cuba.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/02/24/world/main3869691.shtml?source=RSSattr=HOME_3869691

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/25/world/americas/25cuba.html

I know who she was referring to, but I felt it laughable that Palin thinks that they are a dangerous threat to the world!:hihi:

For those who know anything about baseball it was like this.

On Wednesday Palin was up at bat with two strikes against her. Last night she hit a home run.

The McCain-Obama game could now be tied

Unlikely, most pundits both Republican and Democrats discussing the debate on CNN, and there were about 10 of them, thought that Palin did enough to prevent further slide, but not enough to win back any lead over undecided voters that the Democrats had gained over the last few weeks.

Here's a clip of some hilariously transparently and rather incompetently attempted propaganda from 'fair and ballenced' Fox News

For those that can't see the clip the 'reporter' asks the customers in a cafe to raise their hands for the candidate they're going to vote for.

Two people raise their hands for McCain the 'reporter' himself and an old man who's wife immediately makes him put his hand down. Then everyone on camera but for the reporter puts their hand up for Obama. This overwhelming display of support for Obama prompts the following response from the 'reporter'.

"See it's split, I'd say a little heavier towards Obama in the room at the moment and that's why North Eastern Pennsylvania is definitely a battleground area."

Cue the customers in the diner laughing in his face.

FOX is an amazing news channel, you can feel IQ decreasing as you watch it.

Unlikely, most pundits both Republican and Democrats discussing the debate on CNN, and there were about 10 of them, thought that Palin did enough to prevent further slide, but not enough to win back any lead over undecided voters that the Democrats had gained over the last few weeks.

As a middle of the road voter who sibscrribes neither particularly to the left or right let me quote a very true saying as it applies to Palin

"Rumours of my demise were greatly exaggerated'

In politics expect the unexpected

As a middle of the road voter who sibscrribes neither particularly to the left or right let me quote a very true saying as it applies to Palin

"Rumours of my demise were greatly exaggerated'

In politics expect the unexpected

If, in any way, you are implying that Palin has credibility of any description you are not the man I thought you were.

That's a statement that is open to debate. The Republicans have already started pointing out a several untruths Biden made in his answers. However I've not seen the debate so maybe Palin was even worse.

But that's to be expected, Republicans might be able to find some "untruths" depending on how they view the truth.

Democrats might find it a harder job though, as Palin didn't actually give out too many details or facts to scrutinise in the first place!

This seems to be the outcome. Obviously a huge part of politics is the expectation game. Expectations were so low she really just had to look better than the Couric interview to get some form of result. Media called a tie, the polls after called win for Biden. Amongst Independents Biden also won big.

Not enough to help McCain, but not enough to cause a further slide in the polls although we are still not sure where the current momentum for Obama will take is in the polls, they don't seem to have fully settled yet.

However she misstated a number of McCain’s positions causing his campaign to scrabble to do damage control.

For instance in an effort to paint a picture of Obama as somebody who will raise taxes, even though his policy documents cut taxes on 95% of the population, she made a statement about 93 votes to raise taxes. Under further inspection;

–23 were against proposed tax cuts.

— 7 were "for measures that would have lowered taxes for many, while raising them on a relative few, either corporations or affluent individuals."

– 11 were to increase taxes on people making more than $1 million a year, to help fund programs such as Head Start, school nutrition, or veterans' health care.

– 53 were votes on budget resolutions or amendments that "could not have resulted by themselves in raising taxes," though many "were clear statements of approval for increased taxes"

The problem is that these statements are aimed at the low information voters, your Fox news viewer or somebody who really only watched the local news. Clearly things are more complicated in real life.

I think the Republicans problem in this election is their usual disinformation routine is not working. So they have their base of Christian Conservatives and low information voters, but the real issues is other people are paying more attention this year than previous years and economic Conservatives hve rebelled against McCain, which shows clearly in the polls.

If, in any way, you are implying that Palin has credibility of any description you are not the man I thought you were.

You are not paying attention Swami or not getting gist of my words. What I am saying is that Palin has come back from being written off as a complete loser to someone who has earned a modicum of credibility. That is a fact without me expressing this as a McCain supporter which I am not in the upcoming election. One has to see the facts from a general standpoint.

If she continues to earn some degree of credibilty over the next few weeks amongst voters who at this time have reservations about her fitness to take over the presidency this election like the last two will be an extremely close one.

Personally I would feel more comfortable spending a day at Santa Anita betting on the horsies than I would making a bet on the outcome of the election