Some good news at last - Obama is back in front

Obama is troubling given some of his background. His association with Bill Ayers is well documented in the Richard J. Daley library of the University of Illinois. Obama was on the board of Ayers Chicago Anneberg Challenge CAC)until as late as 2001. The CAC gave millions into the hands of community organizers and radical education activists. Obama dismisses his association with Ayers as "just an associate and another guy in the neighborhood" despite his knowledge that Ayers was the founder and leader of the Weathermen a radical terrorist group in the 1960s.

But you can't smear Obama merely by association.

If that was the case,then you would have to smear every college professor and student that has come out of,or had any association with the University of Illinois.

For all we know there may be people in the current White House, or Republican party that have attended Illinois University,or even had lectures given by Ayers or his wife.

And If you want a double standard then consider this:

Palin is probably ignorant of the fact that Israel, the country that Palin repeatedly says is America's closest ally and calls the good guys,once had as their Prime Minister,Menachem Begin, a man who was directly responsible for bombing of the King David Hotel in Jerusalem in 1946 killing 91 people and injuring 45.

Ayers injured noone, Begin killed 91.

So by Palin's simple headed thinking, the Nation of Israel must now be "pally with terrorists" too,since they let one become their Prime Minister.

So how can Palin call Israel the good guys despite their terrorist past, and yet call out Obama for his "association" with Ayers?:huh:

You may be right harleyman, but I do think America has often saddled herself with some weak choices when it comes to the presidency.

Reagan, Kennedy and Mr Sh**nasty Clinton were effective communicators, but if you put many American presidents up against British leaders or senior politicians from a knowledge base point of view they will inevitably be found wanting.

To be honest, I actually feel sorry for whoever wins this election, the baton that Bush passes on will be the hot potato amongst poisoned challices.

Hard to believe that in a nation of this size and a world super power that the system could not come up with a better choice than these two boyfriday.

I respect McCain as a war hero and Obama has a lot of charm and personality but neither of them meet the criteria in what is needed as a leader of a nation in deep financial crisis.

Anyway I wont be here to vote on November 4 as I will be away on a trip to China. :

I agree with you on the unlucky winner. He'll inherit one hell of a screwed up mess.

Hard to believe that in a nation of this size and a world super power that the system could not come up with a better choice than these two boyfriday.

I respect McCain as a war hero and Obama has a lot of charm and personality but neither of them meet the criteria in what is needed as a leader of a nation in deep financial crisis.

Anyway I wont be here to vote on November 4 as I will be away on a trip to China. :

I agree with you on the unlucky winner. He'll inherit one hell of a screwed up mess.

So sad, but so true :(

So sad, but so true :(

Al Qaeda is not the only group of terrorists the US has to deal with. The other terrorists are the fat pigs, the CEOs of companies like Lehman Brothers, AIG, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and also the inept stupid people from the government who failed to provide oversight into the activities of these companies and investigate their fraudulent activities and false reports to shareholders

I would hope that whoever wins this election will appoint an attorney general who will start proceedings against all involved and take measures to recover the billions these gangsters have siphoned off

The rampant corruption of big business in this country, including the big oil companies over the last 10 years is unbelievable

But you can't smear Obama merely by association.

If that was the case,then you would have to smear every college professor and student that has come out of,or had any association with the University of Illinois.

For all we know there may be people in the current White House, or Republican party that have attended Illinois University,or even had lectures given by Ayers or his wife.

And If you want a double standard then consider this:

Palin is probably ignorant of the fact that Israel, the country that Palin repeatedly says is America's closest ally and calls the good guys,once had as their Prime Minister,Menachem Begin, a man who was directly responsible for bombing of the King David Hotel in Jerusalem in 1946 killing 91 people and injuring 45.

Ayers injured noone, Begin killed 91.

So by Palin's simple headed thinking, the Nation of Israel must now be "pally with terrorists" too,since they let one become their Prime Minister.

So how can Palin call Israel the good guys despite their terrorist past, and yet call out Obama for his "association" with Ayers?:huh:

Why should the US base it's standard for a presidential candidates's integrity on Israel's? They have their standards, the US I would hope have theirs also.

If the Israelis found it acceptable to elect an old terrorist as prime minister that's their affair.

That doesn't justify overlooking Obama's past connection with Ayers.

You might want to know also that a few months ago Obama gave a very rousing speech to a Jewish group pledging his strong support for Israel so both candidates are already in the Israeli camp

Al Qaeda is not the only group of terrorists the US has to deal with. The other terrorists are the fat pigs, the CEOs of companies like Lehman Brothers, AIG, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and also the inept stupid people from the government who failed to provide oversight into the activities of these companies and investigate their fraudulent activities and false reports to shareholders

I would hope that whoever wins this election will appoint an attorney general who will start proceedings against all involved and take measures to recover the billions these gangsters have syphoned off

The rampant corruption of big business in this country, including the big oil companies over the last 10 years is unbelievable

Now that's a funny statement coming from an American democratic supporter, seeing as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (the two biggest mortgage underwriters in America) are the biggest reason behind the credit crunch and yet they are the biggest financial donors to the American democratic party????

After all the times the Republicans brought out enforcement policies against these companies in congress to regulate them, the democrats voted against it along with Obama.

Now that's a funny statement coming from an American democratic supporter, seeing as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (the two biggest mortgage underwriters in America) are the biggest reason behind the credit crunch and yet they are the biggest financial donors to the American democratic party????

After all the times the Republicans brought out enforcement policies against these companies in congress to regulate them, the democrats voted against it along with Obama.

You assume that I'm a Democrat supporter but I owe my vote to neither party in particular.

My earlier post was to point out that the government's (Democrat and Republican factions) lack of oversight was responsible for allowing the fraud, lies and criminal irresponsibility of the CEOs to run Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac into the ground. There's no Mister Clean here. Members of both parties had their hands in it even if they're now playing their silly election game of accusation and counter accusation.

If the Republicans are so blameless in all this why weren't their enforcement policies against these companies, and the Democrats policy of voting against these policies made public?

The silence from all of them was deafening until it all suddenly blew up a couple of weeks ago

Why should the US base it's standard for a presidential candidates's integrity on Israel's? They have their standards, the US I would hope have theirs also.

If the Israelis found it acceptable to elect an old terrorist as prime minister that's their affair.

That doesn't justify overlooking Obama's past connection with Ayers.

You might want to know also that a few months ago Obama gave a very rousing speech to a Jewish group pledging his strong support for Israel so both candidates are already in the Israeli camp

You miss my point!

My point was to illustrate how guilt by association is flimsy at best, in both Obama with Ayers and, Israel with Begin.

But if you are going to use guilt by association like Palin has, then you have to be even handed, Palin can't call Obama "pally" with terrorists, when at the same time calls Isreal the good guys.

You assume that I'm a Democrat supporter but I owe my vote to neither party in particular.

My earlier post was to point out that the government's (Democrat and Republican factions) lack of oversight was responsible for allowing the fraud, lies and criminal irresponsibility of the CEOs to run Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac into the ground. There's no Mister Clean here. Members of both parties had their hands in it even if they're now playing their silly election game of accusation and counter accusation.

If the Republicans are so blameless in all this why weren't their enforcement policies against these companies, and the Democrats policy of voting againt these policies made public made public

As I said they're all up to their necks in it.

Oh really?

You are not paying attention Swami or not getting gist of my words. What I am saying is that Palin has come back from being written off as a complete loser to someone who has earned a modicum of credibility. That is a fact without me expressing this as a McCain supporter which I am not in the upcoming election. One has to see the facts from a general standpoint.

Do you want me to point out more support for the terrorist democratic party for you? :hihi:

You miss my point!

My point was to illustrate how guilt by association is flimsy at best, in both Obama with Ayers and, Israel with Begin.

But if you are going to use guilt by association like Palin has, then you have to be even handed, Palin can't call Obama "pally" with terrorists, when at the same time calls Isreal the good guys.

Then if you want to call Israelis terrorists then both Palin and Obama are "pally" with terrorists, right? They both express support for Israel