Parking Permits in Hillsborough.

I get the feeling that some voted for the scheme because they thought they would get their own spot outside their house. Quite how they thouht that would work, I really don't know! Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I should give people more credit.

But that hasn't happened...

So where does this stand with openness and transparency?

how do you know it hasn't happened?

I know these permits might not seem expensive now but the cost already went up in april they ve not been in place that long.

You're not really telling the full story here are you.

Parking permit schemes as we know them came in around 6 years ago, in Broomhall and Broomhill. A first resident permit cost £35 and it stayed at that for several years, then it went up by £1 to £36.

It stayed at that price till the last time the Lib Dems came into power and they dropped the price to £10. When Labour got back in, they increased the price to £20, I believe it was last April.

So, permits are currently around half the price they would have been if you applied inflation increases to the original price.

---------- Post added 11-12-2012 at 22:30 ----------

I don t think we should have to pay to park out side our own house when others dont neither should our visitors.if this was to help residents why can t permits be issued free?

Permit schemes cost a lot of money to develop implement and run.

It's not a service that the Council have a statutory duty to deliver, they do it because people want them. So, it does not seem unreasonable that the beneficiaries pay something.

Permit schemes cost a lot of money to develop implement and run.

It's not a service that the Council have a statutory duty to deliver, they do it because people want them. So, it does not seem unreasonable that the beneficiaries pay something.

And the fact that they make a hefty profit by doing so is complete coincidence, presumably.

Who was it who said "You're not really telling the full story here are you."

And the fact that they make a hefty profit by doing so is complete coincidence, presumably.

Who was it who said "You're not really telling the full story here are you."

They make an overall surplus on all elements of a permit scheme, but, if there was no pay & display or penalty income, they wouldn't cover costs just on permit income I am told. That's why I mentioned this in response to the "why can't permits be free" question.

The costs of developing, implementing, reviewing and administering a scheme are very high.

I get the feeling that some voted for the scheme because they thought they would get their own spot outside their house. Quite how they thouht that would work, I really don't know! Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I should give people more credit.

I have the same concern, I only have the stupidity of one neighbour's comment and a general observation about the parking habits on the street to go on, but hey, you work with what you've got! :hihi:

Who'd have thought! The review consultation comprises similarly loaded questions to that of the original consultation? Surely not?

I'd already spoiled my card HotPhil (if it's computer read) before I'd read this thread. I added another box to the last question on the left hand page.

Loaded questions on forms? come on, are we all adults or what? Ok, you might have to read them properly (which you should anyway) but theyre hardly going to be misleading.

I've disregarded the rest of your long post based on this - you clearly don't understand loaded questions (or have missed the trick of it). They ARE loaded questions. I can easily prove it, but I won't write it out unless someone questions me; someone else pointed it out, and HotPhil also saw it, and anyone can who understands this type of thing can too. I watched the Endcliffe one do the same trick.

I'd 'spoiled' my card based on this. So my opinion is as useless as everyone who doesn't question it.

Loaded questions on forms? come on, are we all adults or what? Ok, you might have to read them properly (which you should anyway) but theyre hardly going to be misleading.

There is a very slight difference between misleading questions and loaded questions. Loaded questions lead you on a path where the same thing can be implied whatever you answer. Misleading questions are easy to spot, and only lead morons. The council couldn't be stupid enough to write misleading questions - too many people see through it.

I can't be arsed to write more now. If you can't see it, then you can't see it. Most can't, that's why lawyers make so much money.

Planner 1 business permits went up from £20 last year to £40 this !!!!

Planner 1 business permits went up from £20 last year to £40 this !!!!

According to announcements reported in The Star today business and residents parking permits are to nearly double in price again.

I think I must have missed that bit of info in the scheme review documentation sent out in November/December.

I just hope all those people who voted for these schemes all over Sheffield are happy with that increase. And the increases that will happen next year, and the year after, and the year after that etc. Just like we said they would. Anybody who thinks the council isn't going to screw you for every penny you've got once they've got you over a barrel with these schemes is living in cloud-cuckoo land.

According to announcements reported in The Star today business and residents parking permits are to nearly double in price again.

I think I must have missed that bit of info in the scheme review documentation sent out in November/December.

Well the need it because last year the schemes only made £850 000 surplus.

You couldn't even shut down Don Valley for that.