Parking Permits in Hillsborough.

What are you on?... If people have a view, they need to make it clear to the decision makers.

You are still obviously suffering from the effects of working for the council for several years...

We, the council tax payers, DO make our views known to the council - at open meetings,in l;etters etc.

And - as you have agreed and accepted previously, they don't always either make note of them or accept these views... the first of which actions is illegal, the second predictable

In my opinion, the council is ethically corrupt in its methodologies.

I'd like to know if there's more info available for numbers of cars used in Sheffield though.

The Council and the PTE do annual cordon counts and the Council have some permanent traffic counter sites, so there is historic data on traffic flows.

If you want to contact the people who deal with it, I can put you in touch, just PM me.

---------- Post added 08-12-2012 at 20:14 ----------

You are still obviously suffering from the effects of working for the council for several years...

We, the council tax payers, DO make our views known to the council - at open meetings,in l;etters etc.

And - as you have agreed and accepted previously, they don't always either make note of them or accept these views... the first of which actions is illegal, the second predictable

In my opinion, the council is ethically corrupt in its methodologies.

It always comes down to this with you doesn't it? How long is it? Seven years and still we get the sour grapes because your neighbours didn't agree with you about not wanting a permit scheme?

Can you point out the law that says all meetings which the public attend have to be minuted?

How could the Council accept all views it receives, many are contradictory and conflicting. At the end of the day, someone has to make a decision and the people who do that are accountable to you at the ballot box.

On our road we have a problem parking in the evening pretty much most nights (during the day it can be reasonably free parking). This is mainly due to the number of 2 and 3 car households that occupy a terraced street (which feeds from a clearway so we also get cars from the clearway parking too):( We are currently just outside the scheme and didnt see much of an increase during the day when the scheme came into play. I am hoping that my neighbours realise that the permit scheme will not make parking in the evening easier and do not vote for implementation of the scheme here.

It's a total joke .Just because you have a permit doesn't guarantee you a parking space on the road you live or work .I have to buy a permit to park near our business but when the spaces are full I'm stuck . i have to sit around waiting for a space to come free instead of getting on with running a business.Why is this council so set against people trying to get on with their working lives .So some people have to park and then get public transport to their places of work ,what is so bad about this .What benefit do i get from purchasing a £60 permit if i cannot park ? No wonder Sheffield trade is dying with every obstacle possible placed in the way of motorists . This subject annoys me so much .Grrr

It's a total joke .Just because you have a permit doesn't guarantee you a parking space on the road you live or work .I have to buy a permit to park near our business but when the spaces are full I'm stuck . i have to sit around waiting for a space to come free instead of getting on with running a business.Why is this council so set against people trying to get on with their working lives .So some people have to park and then get public transport to their places of work ,what is so bad about this .What benefit do i get from purchasing a £60 permit if i cannot park ? No wonder Sheffield trade is dying with every obstacle possible placed in the way of motorists . This subject annoys me so much .Grrr

No one ever said that a permit guaranteed you a space.

So, when you arrive there are no spaces whatsoever available in the whole scheme area? Or do you just try to park on one street?

Face it, the council don't care about the residents - they just want $$$$$$$$$$$$$

This thread brings me to say once again ,Stupid people in Sheffield vote this shower back into power ,When are the voters going to stop and take notice what is happening in Sheffield ,Take ,take ,take ,off ordinary people ,pay themselves lots of dosh and then screw us to the ground with stupid schemes to make more money for the council only to waste again .

its about time that the council did something for the people of Sheffield not trying to antagonise them

Then I say again what do i gain by having a permit .At £60 a whack may i add. Haha yes I park streets away and carry all the stock to the shop . There are no areas for unloading .The council take our business rates and what do we get for it Zilch ,niente nothing .There is no gain what so ever .Infact for business it reduces custom . I know for a fact that the business,s on Sharrow didn't want the permits . Business that had been trading for years were affected very badly .They petitioned the council ,did the council listen did they hec . They just want the money and nothing else and you will not convince me any other way .Last year i wanted to go shopping on Ecclesall rd then go for lunch . I would have had to move my car after the 2 hour limit . I didn't bother with lunch it was too much trouble looking for another parking space . Business at Hillsborough have said the permits have effected them . We need people to stay in the area ,shop ,go to the park and library stay for a coffee and lunch .instead it's rush rush rush . The shops who don't want to pay out for permits park on the surrounding roads ,so displaced further and further out . How come the council don't see the logic in this ? it's not Rocket science .

Haha yes I park streets away and carry all the stock to the shop . There are no areas for unloading .The council take our business rates and what do we get for it Zilch ,niente nothing .

The Council only collect the business rates on behalf of the Government.

There are unloading areas in Hillsborough

I know for a fact that the business,s on Sharrow didn't want the permits. Business that had been trading for years were affected very badly .They petitioned the council ,did the council listen did they hec .

I worked on the Sharrow Vale Scheme and we tried very hard to work with businesses, but, there was no consensus among them on what they wanted. When people want different things, you can't please them all.

Last year i wanted to go shopping on Ecclesall rd then go for lunch . I would have had to move my car after the 2 hour limit . I didn't bother with lunch it was too much trouble looking for another parking space . Business at Hillsborough have said the permits have effected them . We need people to stay in the area ,shop ,go to the park and library stay for a coffee and lunch .instead it's rush rush rush . The shops who don't want to pay out for permits park on the surrounding roads ,so displaced further and further out . How come the council don't see the logic in this ? it's not Rocket science .

There's a mixture of length of stay in all permit schemes, Hillsborough is no exception, there is 1 hour, 2 hour 4 hour and unlimited. The shortest stays are usually nearest the shops so there is plenty of turnover of spaces, so your customers can find one. I've seen positive comments on the Forum form customers saying they found it easier to park since the scheme went in.

So, would you rather the people who work at the shops park all day near the shops and not leave any space for customers? You can't have it both ways.

There's a review of the scheme happening now, so let the Council have your comments and suggestions. They have made plenty of changes n other schemes following reviews, so now you have your chance.

My business isn't in Hillsborough . I live in Hillsborough and have spoken to many retailers . My business is on London rd ,no loading area anywhere near us . I filled in the forms saying we didn't want permit parking . There was never a problem before the permits were brought in . We have lost custom . We use to have foot customers on their way to work and on their way back to their cars .This has now stopped .I do not want permit parking where I live and oh yes I will be putting my point across .Will the council actually listen ,like they listened when they introduced the Tram. I doubt it.Why should I have to drive all the way around to get to my home .The Tram causes more traffic tail backs than anything . The way the lights are set is ridiculous . But that's another thread. I know for a fact that the shops on Sharrowvale had a campaign against permits but again no one listened .Unfortunately people do have to commute to work .Many of us do not have the luxury of staff parking .Do you ? Good ,honest ,working people paying their taxes and council tax having their lives made more difficult just because someone decides the way things are isn't good enough for them .

We are always told that these schemes come in due to resident demand.

I wonder what percentage of residents the trigger point is for a ballot? 20%? 30%?

So if the same precantage wrote to the council asking for the schemes to be withdrawn would the council give us another ballot?

I doubt it now that they have found that these schemes will generate laods of money which will offset the council tax and council rents that they haven't bothered to collect.

Typical council process - let the thieveing scrotes get away with fraud, and get the honest ones to pay for it,

We are always told that these schemes come in due to resident demand.

I wonder what percentage of residents the trigger point is for a ballot? 20%? 30%?

So if the same precantage wrote to the council asking for the schemes to be withdrawn would the council give us another ballot?

I doubt it now that they have found that these schemes will generate laods of money which will offset the council tax and council rents that they haven't bothered to collect.

Typical council process - let the thieveing scrotes get away with fraud, and get the honest ones to pay for it,

i get the impression that you aren't happy with these schemes.

you could always stand for the council on a platform of trying to get them abandoned