Hygiene at Virgin Gym, Heeley!!!

It's not pleasant, granted, but a swimming pool is in essence a large vat of dilute bleach so I wouldn't worry too much.

Some of the germs that cause particularly nasty stomach bugs aren't killed by the chemicals in the pool.

At my gym some dirty get often takes a wee on the coals in the sauna.:gag:

Nobody cleans the equipment either when they are in the gym. Have been a member for around a year, but have not been for ages given the level of hygiene.

hmmm, well i was considering joining there, but think i'll look into esporta instead.

What's more alarming is that the gym gets this sort of client. I have been a member at both Virgin and Esporta, I do see Virgin clean more than Esporta did but Esporta has more of a clique. I suppose if you welcome all sorts you get all sorts and some people do like to use the Gym as an extension of their bathroom. What some people think of hygienic is not other people's ideal.

When babybonny was little we used to go to waterbabies swimming lessons and they were realy strict - all children had to have a disposable swim nappy on and then tight fitting swim pants over the top to make sure any 'accidents' if they did occur, didn't leak into the water. We were told that if the water was contaminated with excriment then the pool would have to be drained, cleaned and re-filled (taking around 24 hours).

The levels of chlorine required in swimming pools in the UK is much higher than on the continent because so many people in the UK do not shower beforegetting in the pool so all the sweat, dirt, grime or whatever is carried into the pool.

The standards of hygiene seem particularly lax if all of what people have posted is true.

EEEEEEW! The thought of poo swimming turns my stomache!

Why don't we all just pay £40 a month to swimming in the sewers!

I've hardly been swimming since an incident I witnessed at Hillsborough Leisure pool. A young lad threw up in the water (ble!) and all the lifeguards did was scoop the floating bits out and turned the waves on!!!

No wonder Madonna bought next doors house and turned it into a gym.

I bet 90% of people moaning about it have p****d in a swimming pool!

Disgusting!

Swimming pools ming! I'm not surprised they're full of bleach because you're swimming in other people's urine, winnets, bits of period, snot, scabs, body hair, smeg, make-up, athlete's foot, verucas, all kinds...:gag:

Swimming pools ming! I'm not surprised they're full of bleach because you're swimming in other people's urine, winnets, bits of period, snot, scabs, body hair, smeg, make-up, athlete's foot, verucas, all kinds...:gag:

yeuk! What's winnets & smeg?

yeuk! What's winnets & smeg?

Right, you asked for it.........

Nope, better not........ google it

I don't want to get banned (again!) as this is before the watershed!

'Smeg' was used in 'Red Dwarf'(the TV programme) a hell of a lot because the couldn't get 'f**k' past the censors, who in turn (like yourself) didn't know what 'smeg' or to be accurate 'smegma' was!!