Hygiene at Virgin Gym, Heeley!!!

Went for a swim at Virgin Gym tonight at 9pm, and was shocked to see two lots of excrement lying at the side of the swimming pool! I don't know how long it had been there???

the pool was fairly quiet but i was surprised no one else had drawn attention to it.

I summoned the pool attendent who casually washed it away down the overflow grid at the side of the pool with some water from the pool, and then left, no disinfectant or any thorough cleaning. when i asked him if he was going to clean it properly he said that it would be dealt with by the night cleaners!!!

i then questioned the receptionist about it, and her response was 'funny you should say that, someone else found some earlier in the main pool, don't worry the night cleaners will deal with it'!!!

call me old fashioned, but it all seemed a bit casual to me, i returned home feeling nauseous and will probably cancel my membership tomorrow after 3 years as a member.

What? I was about to join virgin next month, but no more, I'm staying in mine, even it's smaller.

Yuk,I was seriously considering joining next week,but I'm definately put off now.

I was a bit dubious already though,as I recently went with my sister,and was surprised that very few people were sitting on towels in the sauna and steam room areas,as the signs ask you to.There was also an older man on the sun loungers with a mobile phone,call me paranoid but I have a strong suspicion,(which could be completely wrong)that he was taking photos.

Two members of my family who use the pool have recently had verucas.

That's not healthy

It's not pleasant, granted, but a swimming pool is in essence a large vat of dilute bleach so I wouldn't worry too much.

A pool is supposed to be closed for so many hours after this happens ! I atually would be concerned and report them.

bah, how awful.

Im off there this morning, fortunately I dont use the pool very often

We`re all members in our house, got to say I have never seen anything like this. I do know that they had to close the pool a few weeks ago when a girl had a poo in it, but like I say they shut the pool.

They arn`t going to close the pool if the poo is not even in the water(theres no need is there) they cleaned it up, and like halibut said, chlorine is in the water to kill bacteria so I really shouldn`t worry about the germs left(unless you`re planning on licking the affected area:P)

I don`t understand why the person(on parents of the person) that did it didn`t clean it up or ask for assistance. Who do you think the dirty buggers are?:suspect:

Aren't there regulations against this? A few years back I was a member at S10 Health and I turned up to go swimming one day. I was told by the girl behind the counter that the pool was closed that day due to a little kid pooing in it. She said that whenever such an incident occurred, they had to close the pool for 24 hours in order to clean it.

Is this just a process that S10 Health have, or is it an actual regulation that they have to abide by?