Hygiene at Virgin Gym, Heeley!!!

i was also at virgin when this was found and i spoke to the lifeguard who calmly assured me that the because it was not found in the pool that it was put in the gulley area and that he went to get the night cleaner to disinfect the area. i watched the night cleaner do this. there are procedures if a poo is found in the pool but the pool is not closed for 24 hrs as someone is saying. virgn active is by far the best club in the city bar none. the staff can't help if someone has an accident in or around the pool, all they can do is deal with the situation which the lifeguard and night cleaner did very quickly. for you people who said they were going to join but not now because of this...grow up. you can only see with your own eyes how good the club is and not go on one persons poor 5 mins!!!

If a member shyted at Esporta in the pool area or not I would be out like a shot.

I can understand as to why people would not want to join. You want to go somewhere where you dont have to worry about thinking "oh is the pool area going to be clea or not or has someone shyted near or in the pool area".

A fat friend of mine fell over at Virgin gym and a couple of attendants started laughing at him as they seem to think its funny when a fat person falls over. Needless to say it shot his confidence a bit and hasnt been back since. Poop in a pool is rank though.

After all this 'feedback' and comments from friends who have left Virgin-THANK GOD I chose Esporta. Always courteous, helpful and clean.Great food, although, the slowest bar in the world.

After all this 'feedback' and comments from friends who have left Virgin-THANK GOD I chose Esporta. Always courteous, helpful and clean.Great food, although, the slowest bar in the world.

Why would you go on a booze up in a gym? :huh:

You can do that in bed.....especially if you're single. :P

EEEEEEW! The thought of poo swimming turns my stomache!

Why don't we all just pay £40 a month to swimming in the sewers!

I've hardly been swimming since an incident I witnessed at Hillsborough Leisure pool. A young lad threw up in the water (ble!) and all the lifeguards did was scoop the floating bits out and turned the waves on!!!

No wonder Madonna bought next doors house and turned it into a gym.

OH MY GOOD GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is gross :gag::gag::gag:

Nobody cleans the equipment either when they are in the gym. Have been a member for around a year, but have not been for ages given the level of hygiene.

i go to virgin, started goig back there much more recently after lazy six months - i tend to be in there last thing at night, the staff are always going round hoovering, polishing down equipment etc - seems pretty cleanly run to me

I remember meeting a George (the third) in the Goodwin pool, University of Sheffield, many years ago. It was hovering in the deep-end, 1 metre above the bottom (of the pool) where the water was relatively still. I'm quite short-sighted, and so I didn't know what it was until I was pretty close. I could see that there was something there, so I had to go and investigate. It was surrounded by a haze of yellow-brown water. Good job my mouth was shut, let me put it that way! :gag: I've had nightmares about it ever since!

Why would you go on a booze up in a gym? :huh:

You can buy other things from a bar as well as alcohol!:rolleyes: We have a light lunch, and a diet coke. You have to order food at the bar, which is slower than slow.

I was there yesterday afternoon and the equipment upstairs was being cleaned.

I can`t say owt bad about virgin, I go there most days and the cleaners are always running around.

Normally you should be worried about urine in the pool :hihi:

I would be careful not to climb or stand anyone underneath the climbing wall lol