Hygiene at Virgin Gym, Heeley!!!

I just cancelled my membership after reading this it's disgusting, I always found it to be clean on the equipment but I've also got sick of people hogging the hiking machines when you've got a baby in the dreadful creche that you know the staff will be calling you out any minute because they can't be arsed to keep the babies entertained so they get bored & cry, time is precious & they don't seem bothered that the same people are on them for up to an hour.

I think it's gone down hill & the staff just look down their noses or chat all day anyways so I'm almost glad someone pooed in the pool to finally prompt me to save that money! Just need to find another with a creche now!?

I just cancelled my membership after reading this it's disgusting, I always found it to be clean on the equipment but I've also got sick of people hogging the hiking machines when you've got a baby in the dreadful creche that you know the staff will be calling you out any minute because they can't be arsed to keep the babies entertained so they get bored & cry, time is precious & they don't seem bothered that the same people are on them for up to an hour.

I think it's gone down hill & the staff just look down their noses or chat all day anyways so I'm almost glad someone pooed in the pool to finally prompt me to save that money! Just need to find another with a creche now!?

Ive always found the staff to be very nice and helpful, extremely friendly and they go out of their way to help people.

You just want summat to moan about.

The creche is an excellent place, the staff sit , play, sing with the little uns(I have sat in there with them on several occassions)some babies don`t settle(mine was one of them) they persevered for ages before calling me, but I didn`t have a problem going and getting him because I am his mum.

Oh here we go slagging off other people's parenting to get the upper hand, what a joke!!

I think paying nearly £50.00 p/mnth you have the right to expect sh** to be cleaned out of a pool properly.

I don't mind getting my daughter from the creche but why should I pay not only for gym membership but for the creche when they are so concerned with the baby babies that the older ones, ie mine are left to own devices, they were fine with her until she started being a bit more demanding on time, probably because I don't allow tv so (and it's not all the staff by the way, some are superb) when they are settling the tiny babies & she is not big enough for the next room she gets bored & noone is playing with her so she cries for lack of attention & they call me out, considering it takes me half an hour to get there & back I'm in the gym 20 mins before i get called out it's not worth me going.

And before you have a pop about it must be how I've raised her, being such a crap parent that I obviously mind getting her and all, she goes to a nursery 2 days per week and loves it, goes to play barns with me & loves them, yet hates the creche. So I'm not gonna perservere & cause her distress just so people don't think I want to moan!

Now don't get me wrong I love going to the gym but a couple oftimes I've asked for assistance with something & one bloke could barely keep the smirk from his face & I had just started & never been to one before & I also saw 2 of the staff laughing at a fat girl which is totally unacceptable, that fat girl was not me before you start!! Lol

I used to be a member of Virgins but no more - you see the fundamental fault with Virgins is that they seem to think that they can continue to rope people in with expensive memberships and very difficult get out clauses while at the same time not willing to invest in the facilities and the cleaning and all the other staff that it must surely take to run such a large leisure complex - I bet Richard Branson is swimming in his big private pool somewhere having a big laugh at all the suckers he has conned in as they swim about in their own ex******* trying to look hip and fit ...