60 today - a milestone or a gravestone?

Many Happy Returns hillsboro! Being a year older than you I'm a more experienced pensioner, but I get younger (and probably dafter) every day.:P

Many Happy Returns on you birthday Hillsborough. The whole world is your oyster and you ought to continue taking advantage of everything that comes your way. At 60 years you have the experience of life and know how to enjoy your freedom of time.

My old Mam used to keep a diary, it wasn't to record past events but to record the coming events. Every morning she looked in her diary to see what she had to look forward to. She never looked back as she said it made you old, always look forward and take pleasure in all and everything.

Your excellent memory of past wonderful experiences in your life should encourage you to create even better pleasurable experiences, there is still a lot of joy to be had in this world for a sixty year old.

I wish you all the best and I know your current feeling about getting old is a natural one and it has to pass.

Happy Days Popt

Happy birthday hillsbro! See you survived another 5 yrs. :) I was 69 last Nov and like most people say age is just a number. Once you're an adult mentally you'll always be 21 or whatever, until you pass a mirror that is. :hihi: I'm okay if I don't mentally add up approximately our many years I might have left. Another thing I hate to see my age in writing, that scares me to death. Like me you have grandchildren, they will keep you and your wife young. Here's to you and your lovely wife keeping active and healthy. :thumbsup:

Happy 60th hillsbro. May you celebrate many more.

I did find that life got harder after 60, but only due to bad health. BUT in my mind I'm still 18, still rockin' and loving being a grumpy old git. Ha Ha...........

---------- Post added 06-04-2013 at 18:53 ----------

I'm studying for my degree in 'curmudgery'. Anyone calls me an old git, I take it as a compliment.......................and I'll get even worse as I get older.....

Well, many thanks Nimrod, beechnut, Kidorry, PopT, Joto and the people who've sent PMs for all your good wishes. It's cheered me up no end (as did the 2½ pints of real ale I had at the Butcher's Arms today). I've had lots of phone calls - notably from my brother who will be 70 in December and my sister (74 but looks 45). I have my health, a nice home and the best wife in the world - what more could a pensioner want? And if I'm becoming a grumpy old git - what the hell, as a pensioner I have an excuse..:).:).:)

That's the spirit Hillsbro,never forget that there's always one good thing about getting old lark... it doesn't last long matey:gag::gag::hihi::hihi:

Happy Birthday,now get thisen back to that there real ale.

I don't know how old this thread is but happy bday anyway. I'm staring the next decade in the face in less then 2 weeks. :help:

I am a year or two above you!!! Age is just a number as others have posted

'I would rather be over the hill than under it'!!! Life is what you make it, I hope you enjoy your life, all the best.

I am one of the new generations of 60 year olds, I turned 60 in December 2012 but our government in their wisdom have decided that I am not an OAP until I reach the age of 62+9months so no bus pass or fuel allowance until October 2015, I could claim free prescriptions (but never need to visit the doctor) but at least I qualify for a free eye test and can claim 20% off specs provided I don't go for the BOGOF choice! Let's hope I continue to feel as young as I do for the forseeable future!

'I would rather be over the hill than under it'!!!...
Now THAT'S a god maxim to use. Thanks again everyone for your good wishes. Now let's see - 2½ pints of real ale is 5 units, and we're supposed to only have 4 units a day. But I'm still going to have my nightly tot of malt whisky - I don't care!.:P

Now THAT'S a god maxim to use. Thanks again everyone for your good wishes. Now let's see - 2½ pints of real ale is 5 units, and we're supposed to only have 4 units a day. But I'm still going to have my nightly tot of malt whisky - I don't care!.:P

Funny but I only noticed how steep Dykes Hall Road was when I reached 65.

Best wishes to you and Marion.