Added council tax for a view or on street parking

i read in the paper yesterday that the government are to propose the introduction of addition council tax if you have nice view or you have to park on the road IE. if you have a drive and garden you may have to pay for the pleasure. It looks like I will have to brick up my windows and turn my drive into a vegetable patch.

It appears that the on street parking may be a reduction in tax.

i read in the paper yesterday that the government are to propose the introduction of addition council tax if you have nice view or you have to park on the road IE. if you have a drive and garden you may have to pay for the pleasure. It looks like I will have to brick up my windows and turn my drive into a vegetable patch.

You've hit the nail on the head, prioryx.........Jawdropper Broon and his cohorts are gonna hang people out to dry.............

He'll crush our pips and hang us all out to dry. :cool:

When will folks wake up from their treadmill lives and realise their world is falling apart due to the politicians of whatever shade of red, blue, orange or green they place their trust in? :loopy:

Local income tax would be much fairer. I think its totally unfair to penalise people who spend their money on nice homes by charging them again for the privilege. Should be based per head, on earnings. And I don't have a nice view - I live in Hillsborough! ;)

They've been working on this revaluation database for some time, this report from eighteen months ago has a slightly different slant on it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/10/29/ntax29.xml

Of course there are 'no plans' to use any of this information to our disadvantage.

Lying balustrades :hihi:

And I don't have a nice view - I live in Hillsborough! ;)

Now - now :nono:

It would be impossible not to have a nice view where we live :mad:

Oh no it's the return of the window tax.... daylight robbery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window_tax

Have you not heard about global warming? houses with views have been found to contribute to this

Its the only way to combat it......:cool:

The government has been forced to borrow obscene amounts of money during our "boom" period, now we're heading into the "bust" part of cycle Brown and his buddies will need to raise tax in anyway possible.

It's not Browns fault of course, it was the credit crunch wot did it :hihi:

They can stick 'extra council tax' where the sun doesn't shine. I've already paid for the privelige of having a drive and I won't be paying again.

They can get on with emptying the bin when they are supposed to instead of adding further costs, stupid pillocks.

I cannot abide the government and the way this country is heading.

Isn't this actually to do with the new evaluation of council tax bands? Houses have all altered in value since council tax came in so they've had to re-do the bandings. Things like having off street parking or a lovely view usually increase the value of your house, so they'll be added to a general new calculation of what properties might be worth.

The other way of doing it of course is to get estate agents to snoop round everyone's home and get an individualised value based on that ;)

Isn't this actually to do with the new evaluation of council tax bands? Houses have all altered in value since council tax came in so they've had to re-do the bandings. Things like having off street parking or a lovely view usually increase the value of your house, so they'll be added to a general new calculation of what properties might be worth.

The other way of doing it of course is to get estate agents to snoop round everyone's home and get an individualised value based on that ;)

If someone wants to a house in front of your house, blocking your view is not taken into consideration on your appeal, I am not sure if ancient lights still applies.

Who decides what view is worth