Park & Arbourthorne Club - Closed down

yep ive heard its to close soon.

Yes it is, they've gone into 'voluntary liquidation'

I know someone who works there, they weren't told before a sign went up to advise of the closure.

They haven't been given a date either, they're just turning up work and hoping it's still open.

thats a shame cos i cant get in any of the other clubs on there cos u need to be a member.... wat am i gonna do with my sunday afters now eh????

Manor dont check for a club book, mind you the beer aint as good

Working mens clubs are a lost cause, they have no appeal to younger people, their regular members are getting older and newer members are not coming in at a rate to keep viable. The Dial house club used to be huge, now its rubble! I can see the P&A going the same way. Part of the blame has to be the commitees of the clubs that dont move with the times, the smoking ban has to have had an effect to, i pass the P&A every saturday on my way to work and see people stood outside smoking, why do that when you can stay in the house with a few Netto price cans and stay warm.

Watch for more clubs and pubs going to the wall over the next 6 or so months

Working mens clubs are a lost cause, they have no appeal to younger people, their regular members are getting older and newer members are not coming in at a rate to keep viable. The Dial house club used to be huge, now its rubble! I can see the P&A going the same way. Part of the blame has to be the commitees of the clubs that dont move with the times, the smoking ban has to have had an effect to, i pass the P&A every saturday on my way to work and see people stood outside smoking, why do that when you can stay in the house with a few Netto price cans and stay warm.

Especially now the colder weathers coming too. The smoking ban will hit hard now.

thats a shame cos i cant get in any of the other clubs on there cos u need to be a member.... wat am i gonna do with my sunday afters now eh????

I always used to get in with my CIU membership, either that or get recommended to join one of the other two.

It has been a while since I did the City Road amble though ....... might have to go up for Old Times' Sake .......

totaly disagree with this statement.:loopy:

Manor club is packed with young un Fri Sat & Sunday Nights..

Manor club is packed with young un Fri Sat & Sunday Nights..

really? i'll have to make the next one! :D

I always used to get in with my CIU membership, either that or get recommended to join one of the other two.

It has been a while since I did the City Road amble though ....... might have to go up for Old Times' Sake .......

The P&A lost its CIU affiliation a few years back, and became a private club. Only the Manor and Arundel will let you in with a CIU book now.