Park & Arbourthorne Club - Closed down

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why did the Arundel and Manor have signs up saying no entry to for people with P&A books?

A club can make up it's own rules for who can go in, say, if they thought it would cause trouble, but you'd need a CIU card, and noy just a P&A membership card to get in anyway.

Mind you, as I said, it has been a long time since I went up there. I did think the P&A was still CIU though. It has had a bit of a, well, chequered life in recent years. I don't know if that's any reason for it shutting.

The P&A lost its CIU affiliation a few years back, and became a private club. Only the Manor and Arundel will let you in with a CIU book now.

That's why I said try to get recommended to join either the Manor social, or the Arundel. I meant I could get in with my CIU to those. Maybe I didn't word it well.

A POPULAR Sheffield Working Men’s Club faces it’s third battle against closure in a little more than four years

Creditors will meet on Wednesday to decide the destiny of the Park and Arbourthorne Club which could face a winding up order under the Insolvency Act 1986.

The club, in Eastern Avenue Manor Top, which over the years has hosted the biggest acts in clubland, survived similar orders in 2004 and 2003.

The meeting is to take place at the offices of insolvency experts Wilson Field, The Annexe, The Manor House, Ecclesall Road South on Wednesday at 12.15pm.

totaly disagree with this statement.:loopy:

Manor club is packed with young un Fri Sat & Sunday Nights..

yeah manor and arundel are always full and do have young people in them.after all i go in and im young (32) :hihi:

seriously i have been going in working mens clubs from being very young.the entertainment is out of date though but love it when they have great rock bands on which does not happen very much on the manor.

it did the other week and all the old people sat moaning and pulling faces so i doubt the group will be booked again :)