Bus Strike

Do you support the bus strike?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the bus strike?

• No, get back to work
    • Yes, support the drivers.

We have had an improved offer of 30p over the next 2 years,BUT,it will not be backdated to 1st April,it will run from 1st August.

This means if it is accepted,(which it won't be),on a bare 39 hour week,each driver will be losing out on around £200.Us who do overtime will be missing out on even more.

The ballot on the new deal is today(Friday),I

will do my best to keep you all informed on what is happening.

Originally posted by commie pig

depends on your definition of polite really - always a tricky one. for me, as long as they aint telling me to 'gimme the right change or f. off my bus you commie pig', then thats politce enough for me :)

A Simple "Please" and "Thank you" would be nice. Simple manners thaught to me and what I teach my children.

My daughter is three today and says please and thank you, she has done for about 9 months. If she can manage it a fully grown bus driver can manage it.

Jubby

I am glad to hear that your little daughter is being brought up to have good manners unhappily a lot of parents these days do either not have the time or inclination to do likewise.

I have been a bus driver for over thirty years now and I have always found the best attitude to adopt is that if you give respect you will receive respect.

In the main I have found that the passengers in general are very understanding and tolerant of the difficulties etc that we experience in our work.

Originally posted by d71146

I am glad to hear that your little daughter is being brought up to have good manners unhappily a lot of parents these days do either not have the time or inclination to do likewise.

I have been a bus driver for over thirty years now and I have always found the best attitude to adopt is that if you give respect you will receive respect.

In the main I have found that the passengers in general are very understanding and tolerant of the difficulties etc that we experience in our work.

I agree to get respect you have to give to recive.

I don't know how people don't have the time, she has learnt from us and her older siblings, more than us sitting down with her.

Kids learn from their evironment so if they hear politness they will start to use it, if they hear foul langurange then they will use it. You don't need to teach it, just use it your everyday lives more around the children and they will use it.

Me and my wife aren't angels we swear and stuff but not near the kids, or where it might offend.

It works both way on the buses, give what you recive. I'm sure the polite drivers are abused less than the rude ones. If a driver is going to be atacked that will happen no matter how nice they are, but it can be reduced if they are nicer adn don't agrivate the situation as I've seen drivers do so often. Again not caring about the passengers on the bus as the driver get of the bus to confront the youth. Just drive on and radio it in.

Archived