Bus Strike

Do you support the bus strike?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the bus strike?

• No, get back to work
    • Yes, support the drivers.

Gawwwd....

most of their drivers are right miserable gits!

they growl at ya if getting on their bus!

(& love chuckleing at ya, as your'e running to catch bus & drive straight passed ya!

they will need to be paying us to get on buses!

ohhh - I speak so controversially!!!!!!!!

"how dare i."

- some mainline bus driver gona lynch me now!!!!

angel

xxx

In any industry (buses are no exeption) there are three interest groups:

Shareholders

Employees

Customers

All I am doing is making the case for the last of these, just as the drivers are making the case for employees.

Yeah but while the buses are on strike we, the customers are left stranded unless we're on a route serviced by another bus company such as Yorkshire Terrier, Andrews et al :loopy:

Don't get me wrong I sympathise with their reasons for striking, I'm just being selfishly annoyed at the inconvenience the bus strike will cause me.

hopefully the strike will be avoided.we have been balloted today but that will be rejected,so meetings should be held over the weekend and an improved offer may get passed on.

Like I said,I will pass on any info as soon I get it

Originally posted by caprice

Are there any Yorkshire terriers that go near Firth Park/Shiregreen? I'm just concerned as to how my boyfriend is going to get to work in a morning!

Depends what time he wants a bus

the 73 and 37 run to meadowhall but dont start while about 7

He needs to get to town for about 8am, 8.15 at the latest as he'd then have to catch the tram...

If we can't find him a route, he'll simply have to move in at my house while they're striking, as we have both the 120 and the 123, not to mention the tram, which would be useful for him! My mum will be pleased lol

Originally posted by Abdul

Amongst the lowest paid drivers in the country, but the expensive fares are an outrage. Where's all the money going? Do I need to ask that question?

Wise words :)

The drivers are entitled to a good wage for the job they do (apart from the ones who never answer when you say hi or cheers).

But First as a compagny is pretty shhhhhh, buses or trains First is right bad.

Originally posted by caprice

Are there any Yorkshire terriers that go near Firth Park/Shiregreen? I'm just concerned as to how my boyfriend is going to get to work in a morning!

There is the 72, it is meant to be every 30 mins, but last time there was a strike they were more frequent.

Archived