Bus Strike

Do you support the bus strike?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the bus strike?

• No, get back to work
    • Yes, support the drivers.

Just a warning for all you bus passengers out there,we bus drivers have hels a strike ballot on this years pay deal,and industrial action has been called.

Yet again,First has tried to make us self fund any pay rise.The offer made is 1.5% over three years,losing sick pay and bank holidays.

All drivers apologise to the public,but the management have to learn that we cannot be **** on like this.

I'm not surprised you're going on strike.

Amongst the lowest paid drivers in the country, but the expensive fares are an outrage. Where's all the money going? Do I need to ask that question?

Just give us plenty of notice of the strike dates please.

PS - Expect some abuse from the 'Capitalism is King' brigade

Originally posted by Abdul

Expect some abuse from the 'Capitalism is King' brigade

Why? Taking strike action is exactly what capitalism is about. If you have money to invest and you don't like the way a company operates then you withdraw your money from that company. Similarly, if you have no money then labour is your currency and you are just as entitled to withdraw that.

It annoys me when free marketeers complain about people striking and endangering their organisation yet have no qualms about withdrawing investment from struggling companies thus speeding up their downfall. [/rant]

Good luck in the fight.

I wish you success in your strike for fairer pay. I applied to become a bus driver with First last year, but when I saw their pay structure I threw the application form in the bin! For such a big company, and with driving being as stressful as it is, I think the wage is a joke! And they wonder why there is such a shortage of bus drivers!

I am now doing a job that is probably much less stressful than driving buses around Sheffield, and pays rather better as well!

The story can be found here http://www.sheffieldtoday.net/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=58&ArticleID=821145

looks like they are walking out some point next week until further notice!

According to the union spokesman, the money you spend on the expensive fares go into a combination of shareholders pockets, printing glossy brochures and painting the wheel trims!

According to tonight's Star they're walking out from Monday and the strike will be indefinite until they can sort something out with their employers.

Stupid fecking First, as if bus services in Sheff aren't screwed enough! No offense to bus drivers, I know you do a good job and get crapped on from a great height by your bosses for it.

Archived