The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Mod Note:-

Threads merged again. Please use the search facility before starting new threads.

Thanks

I do think the threads are completly different one is for advice on fixing one on price ??

Ive seen your job and i honestly think the quote is fair i would want more to be honest its not an easy job at all so anyone who can beat that and do it right i will contract all my install work to them lol. Hope all goes well on the job when you have it done cheers jon.

Old age catching up mate ? :D

cheek im only 33 lol

Still older than Micky lol. Wait til you get to my age.....things start creaking :hihi:

Still older than Micky lol. Wait til you get to my age.....things start creaking :hihi:

does that include the floorboards steve:hihi::hihi:

does that include the floorboards steve:hihi::hihi:

Pop a couple of my cod liver oil capsules on them .....soon sorts 'em :hihi:

Can you youngsters all stop whining!!! Wait till you hit 40, then you'll know what an aching body feels like. (Micky, i'll be retired when you get there).

I have a Vaillant VRT 392f roomstat which seemed to have problems talking to the boiler (the heating was on intermittently even when it had not been called for - not what you want really) so I thought I would change the batteries to see if it helped. The stat kept all the time programme settings but now thinks that it is German. I have had a quick look through my manual but it doesn't seem to say how I need to change the language settings - have any of you professionals any ideas? Not been long enough to see if it has sorted out the initial problem yet, but at the moment my radiators are cold - hurrah!

I fitted a couple of thses but they went faulty so cahnged to honeywell ring valliant but it does cost 60p per minute !