Cyclist Kills Pensioner

16 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

100% agree and when the brown stuff hits the swirly thing what do we hear?

'Lessons will be learned" 🙄

Correct Daddy!  Other old sayings spring to mind, The horse has bolted and too little too late in a lot of areas ref crimes.

5 hours ago, Delbow said:

Also, you can bet these jerks thought they were the dogs clackers getting 29 mph on the flat - I'd like to see them going up Langsett Avenue.

I used to run up there, a few years ago mind 

4 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

The Police in this Country just don't seem to do owt these days, a checkout assistant told me they don't even turn up to arrest shop lifters after being called,   even after loud excessive noise complaints have been made they won't even go and knock on the door of the perp and tell em to shurrup,  once I had a neighbour blasting music out from friday night till early hours saturday morning, the operater told me to report it the council and I said, what!  Its 3am saturday morning, the operater replied, go on monday, I replied it needs stopping now no one can get to flippin sleep,  no wonder neighbours  take it into their own hands and go toe to toe.  Cylist and the things I mentioned don't seem to matter to them any more, the bunch of lazy buck passers. :roll:

Seems like the police make their own decisions about what they’re prepared to tackle or deal with, which seems  at odds with what the public want.

4 hours ago, NicolaJayne said:

it;s abundantly clear you have no idea  of the extent of the legitimiate and necessary  workload of the Police

no one is actually harmed  by loud music , when  on a night  the Police are strecthced out with RTCs, Dangeours drivers,  criminals who use the road net work as part of  organised crime , Violence against people  ( both Night time economy and domestic) , ensuring the safety of children and vulnerable adults and  direct and current risks of serious harm , which of those do you want them to neglect  to respond to your  complaint of trivial Anti social behaviour

Would be better  if the police were adequately funded and a return to Safer Neighbourhood Teams would be nice. Officer 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Ah , ok 

She’s right there though Hackey lad. Government choices do have a trickle down effect ( pun unintended)

Edited by Ridgewalk
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Seems like the police make their own decisions about what they’re prepared to tackle or deal with, which seems  at odds with what the public want.

all the 999 services have to prioritise life and limb  and  work to and evidence base. 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, NicolaJayne said:

all the 999 services have to prioritise life and limb  and  work to and evidence base. 

So that’s how we should see the police just responding to 999 calls ? 

Edited by Ridgewalk
….

Cyclists are a law under themselves they should stick to 15mph and wait at traffic lights not mount pavements and ride off flagging motorists off they should pay insurance and tax like everyone else.

personally, i'd be comfortable if a charge of manslaughter was on the table.

but let's be proportional the case in question was nearly 2 years ago.

(23 months)

in that time, car drivers have killed ... more than three thousand people.

1 hour ago, gaz678 said:

Cyclists are a law under themselves they should stick to 15mph and wait at traffic lights not mount pavements and ride off flagging motorists off they should pay insurance and tax like everyone else.

I don't see any reason to stick to 15 mph where it's appropriate and safe to go faster, but I do wait at lights and don't mount the pavement. Cyclists have been successfully sued for injury which would have been covered by insurance, which is available, so it's not like there's immunity from one's own actions. Also, the recent update to the Highway Code clarified that in many cases, people on foot have priority over people on bikes, which clarifies people's responsibilities to behave appropriately. I do find it odd that there's this belief that people on bikes behave terribly and that's somehow different to how everyone else in Britain behaves! Britain is absolutely full of selfish people who behave appallingly and don't care about anyone else - if we worked at having a better culture generally, I'm sure that would also translate into more considerate use of cycles.

• Like 1